Prairie Mountain Health Location: Benue Job details: Job Type: Part-time: Temporary
Full Job Description
- Active practicing licensure with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba or eligible for active practicing licensure with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM)
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Training
- Knowledge, competence and ability to demonstrate clinical nursing skills and concepts in accordance with approved nursing standards
- Ability to make effective decisions regarding nursing care
- Basic knowledge and skills to work with computers, and electronic software programs
- Demonstrated effective problem solving, organizational skills and the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with co-workers and clients
- Satisfactory employment record required
- Province of Manitoba Class 5 Drivers License, and access to a personal vehicle to provide service within Prairie Mountain Health
Consistent with the vision, mission and values of the Prairie Mountain Health sites, and affiliate sites, the Nurse II provides comprehensive nursing care to patients/residents/clients in accordance with established standards, policies, and procedures. Nurse IIs recognize and fulfill their professional responsibilities by practicing in a manner consistent with professional obligations to take actions as per the Canadian Nurses Association Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses and Registered Psychiatric Nurses, The College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses, The College of Psychiatric Nurses of Manitoba Standards of Psychiatric Nursing Practice, the scope of practice as defined by the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA), and the Registered Psychiatric Nurses Act, and other Provincial and Federal legislation.
- The Nurse II is required to practice in accordance with the following to their level of scope of practice, expertise, training and experience.
- The Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA) or the Registered Psychiatric Nurse Act of Manitoba.
- The Standards of Practice (CRNM or CRPNM).
- Entry level competencies for RNs or RPNs.
- Professional Code of Ethics.
- Obtain and maintains the relevant competencies for the position offered by PMH.
- Other duties as assigned.
May 08, 2020 4:00 PM
Anticipated shift length:
Shift hours vary
As per collective agreement
Public Health – Influenza Program
Public Health Program
Location / Home Base:
To Be Determined
HR Posting Number:
May 01, 2020
About Prairie Mountain Health
Prairie Mountain Health was officially formed in June 2012, following the Manitoba government amalgamation of the former regional health authorities of Assiniboine, Brandon and Parkland. It is one of five regional health authorities in the province. The region covers a geographically large area, around 67 000 sq.
This position is subject to a Criminal Records Check (including vulnerable sector), Adult Abuse Registry Check, and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any services charges incurred.
If you are currently employed by PMH, please utilize the internal application form. If you are not employed by PMH, please utilize the external application form.
In order to be considered for the position, both internal and external applicants must submit a current resume with their application form.
If you are an external applicant, please include three work related references with this application. They must be from persons who are not related to you, and who have direct knowledge of your past work performance.
Upon being considered for employment, your signature or electronic submission of this application is your authorization to complete said reference checks.
PMH has an Aboriginal Human Resources initiative and is committed to increasing the representation of Aboriginal people within all levels of our workforce. Aboriginal applicants are encouraged to voluntarily self identify as being of Aboriginal descent in their cover letter and/or within their application form.
We thank all applicants that apply but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.