Job Title: Nursing / Midwifery Officer | Location: Abuja (FCT) | Abuja Clinics
Employment Type: Full-time
Abuja Clinics is a world class health facility dedicated to providing all your health needs, not only curative but also preventive. We boast of cutting edge equipment which aid in the diagnosis and treatment of medical and surgical conditions. We have highly trained and dedicated staff that provides excellent care. Our computerized systems ensure confidentiality and continuity. We aim to set a standard for medical care hence we continue updating and upgrading to ensure that you get the best.
- We are looking for a Nurse/Midwife to care for our patients and facilitate their speedy recovery. You will also be responsible for educating them and their families on prevention and healthy habits.
- The ideal candidate will be a responsible and well-trained professional able to give the best nursing care with little supervision. You will be compassionate and cool-tempered.
- You will also be able to follow health and safety guidelines faithfully and consistently. The goal is to promote patient’s well-being by providing high quality nursing care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Record medical history and symptoms
- Collaborate with team to plan for patient care
- Advocate for health and wellbeing of patient
- Monitor patient health and record signs
- Administer medications and treatments
- Operate medical equipment
- Educate patients about management of illnesses
- Provide support and advice to patients
- Provide instant medical care in emergencies
- Perform routine procedures (blood pressure measurements, take body temperature etc.) and fill in patients’ charts
- Other duties as required
- BSN or its equivalent in Nursing and Midwifery
- Should have a minimum of 2 years Post qualifications relevant experience in a good hospital.
- Must have the current license from the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
- Caring and compassionate nature
- Excellent teamwork and people skills
- Observational skills
- Ability to use initiative
- Ability to deal with emotionally charged and pressured situations
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of emergency care
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety guidelines and procedures (sanitation, decontamination etc.) and willingness to follow them at all times
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply