Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) – Kebbi / Sokoto
Job Title: Nutrition Officer
Location: Kebbi / Sokoto
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 7/8 months
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
- The Nutrition Officer will be directly responsible for the day-to-day field implementation of nutrition specific activities to prevent wasting
- He/she will be responsible for managing nutrition specific responses to prevent wasting, working with Supervisors and Community Nutrition Mobilizers (CNMs).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide the overall nutrition technical leadership, technical guidance to master trainers, supervisors, trainers/mentors and CNMs for successful implementation at PHC sites.
- Participates in the Training of Trainers’ execution at the State level.
- Ensures that all children brought to the facility are counselled on nutrition specific interventions to prevent wasting and malnutrition.
- Provides key expertise on nutrition mentoring, training and quality assurance to all trainers/mentors.
- Responsible for meeting all USAID Advancing Nutrition agreement obligations, including documentation and quality report.
- Overall oversight of technical aspects of the program.
- Develops and coordinates training schedules and ensures availability of qualified trainers.
- Responsible for producing technical deliverables and achieving technical project results as specified by the funding agency.
- S/he oversees technical planning and implementation of the approved workplan.
- Provides on the job mentoring and supportive supervision of trainers, supervisors and CNMs.
- Supervises the onsite capacity building of health workers, CNMs and Traditional Birth Attendants (TBAs).
- Provides technical direction for collation of necessary nutrition data from TBAs and entry into the District Health Information System (DHIS) using the existing Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) framework.
- Responsible for reports and ensures results for project activities.
- Communicates with USAID Advancing Nutrition.
- Individual in a leadership role in the organization.
- Nutritionist, and/or Child Health expert, with an MPH, MBBS, Medical, Nursing, or other relevant master’s Degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of institutional work experience and expertise on nutrition, child health and related activities.
- Must have demonstrable competency in facilitating nutrition screening and counselling, child health mentoring in the clinical setting, and experience leading participatory training sessions.
- Advanced experience in competency-based skill building training for health workers
- Experience managing a USAID funded project/sub-project is highly desirable.
- Experience using M&E software such as Excel, DHIS2, and other open-source platforms.
- Experience in data analysis and report writing.
- Excellent English writing and fluency skills, and preference for local language.
Application Closing Date
26th January 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Women are strongly encouraged to Apply
- AHSF is an equal opportunity employer, who considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability. All AHSF workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the AHSF – Standards for Professional Conduct.
- These are Transparency, Accountability, Partnership, Integrity, Team work (TAPIT).
- In accordance with these values, the AHSF operates and enforces policies on beneficiary protection from exploitation and abuse, child safeguarding, anti-workplace harassment, fiscal integrity, and anti-retaliation.