Job Title: Nutritionist | Location: Iho, Imo State | American Cancer Hospital
American Cancer Hospital is a visionary project of IHC (International Healthcare Consulting) in the US. The Board consists of Prominent Medical Professionals and business folks dedicated to the development of high-quality healthcare facilities.
In 2016, a new door opened up in Imo State, Nigeria where the Local Government had built a number of hospitals. Three of these hospital buildings were offered as lease to International Healthcare Consulting (IHC) to develop medical services in Imo state.
IHC is expected to equip and man the hospitals and develop critical essential medical services in the state. To carry out this work, a locally registered entity has been formed as Imo International Health Systems (IIHS). While establishing basic medical services it became apparent that Nigeria had been left behind in a very important aspect of healthcare – Cancer.
A mission opens up
- American Cancer hospital today is open 24 hours with all the essential services for medical care with a special focus on Cancer. The hospital was officially inaugurated on 20th March 2019. It has all the facilities to treat all kinds of cancers.
- A very important hallmark of all the work done in the US has been the pursuit of Quality. A lot of work went into bringing the place to life from clearing the premises to building the walls to equipping the hospital with furniture and sophisticated diagnostic imaging and laboratory services.
- Next came the recruitment of specialized overseas and local staff. Consultants in various specialties from overseas have been recruited to provide the best of services and train local doctors and nurses in the latest techniques of cancer treatment.
- Evaluate the dietary needs of a client by assessing their health and exercise levels, sleep and food habits etc.
- Clarify information to clients and explain the effects of nutrients on the overall health condition
- Offer to counsel and suggest positive alterations in nutrition to address clients’ dietary restrictions
- Create full and personalized nutrition plans that promote healthy lifestyles
- Set clear objectives and provide support to clients to help them in their progress
- Write and publish articles to educate the public
- Liaise with the clinical team in the management of clients.
Qualifications / Requirements
- BSc / MSc with a minimum of 1-year post qualification experience
Application Closing Date
5th March, 2021.
Method od Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the position as the subject of the email.