Oaken Events Limited goes beyond the typical approach to event management and design. We recognize that your event is a special moment and strive to create breathtaking experiences that capture the occasion and leave a lingering sense of awe. From small innate gathering to large and lavish affairs every event is unique and says a lot about who you are. At Oaken events we are passionate about what we do. We believe that all events should be extraordinary. Our services cover everything from security to lightning to decor to menu and drinks.
We create experiences, not just events! Our memories are perhaps our greatest treasure. Oaken Events goes beyond the typical approach to event management and design. We recognize that your event is a special moment and strive to create breathtaking experiences that capture the occasion and leave a lingering sense of awe. Every client is special. We are dedicated to providing excellent customer service. Indeed your wish is our command! We ensure that every event planned is unique, memorable and special. We ensure that all our events represent our client’s personality and style. Whether you wish to throw a birthday party, a themed event, romantic wedding or a ball. Oaken Events will create a breathtaking event, one that will leave long lasting memories and cherished moments for you, your entire family, your friends and guest.
Jobs Recruitment at Oaken Events
September 26, 2023
December 13, 2022
Job Title: Group Head, Human Resources | Oaken Events Limited Location: Lagos Job Summary We are looking to hire an established Human Resource Professional who will be responsible for providing an effective… Read more here
December 13, 2022
Oaken Events LimitedJob Title: Managing Director Location: LagosEmployment Type: Full-time Job Summary We are activel recruiting for a renowned Public Relations and Communications Company based in Lagos State, Nigeria and they… Read more here
Strategic Events Manager
December 13, 2022
Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- As a Strategic Manager (Events) with Oaken Events Limited, you will work closely with the CEO to transform our approach to events, ensuring that the outputs are cohered and contribute to our organizational objectives.
- You will provide leadership and support the team to ensure all events (internal and external) are delivered to a high quality, are safe and impactful for their target clients.
- This will involve building an Event Management internal toolkit to ensure opportunities are realized, consistency of approach, make necessary efficiencies and ensure a high quality of delivery.
- You will lead the development of new events for Oaken Events Limited, helping us grow our reach, awareness of our work and client base.
- You will be creative and think differently about how we can use digital to achieve our objectives and develop new approaches and events.
- Within this role, you are responsible for leading the delivery of all events as well as developing new events to help ensure that Oaken Events Limited increases its brand awareness and doubles its income annually.
- Work with the CEO to develop and deliver Events Strategies that takes a holistic approach to how Oaken Events Limited engages with key audiences across all our work.
- Lead and support the wider organization to ensure every event is delivered to a high quality and offers an excellent experience for attendees/guests.
- Develop more innovative ways to utilize digital to deliver events.
- Deliver a growing and diverse portfolio of events through testing new ideas.
- Other area of responsibilities.
Events and income generation:
- Ensure all events are planned thoroughly, spotting opportunities to realize our strategic ambitions, achieve their objectives, and hit income and contribution targets whilst offering a great experience.
- With direction from the CEO, adopt a human-centric approach to designing all content and events for external audiences, supporting colleagues to deepen their understanding of this approach.
- Ensure all events are audience-driven and journeys are fully mapped-out • Identify opportunities to seek out new collaborations.
- Ensure that Oaken Events Limited’s internal Events toolkit is up to date and utilized by all departments to ensure the safe, impactful and strong ROI on delivery of events.
Digital, engagement and communications:
- Work closely with the Digital, Marketing and Communications team to improve our communications to event attendees/clients with a focus on more powerful storytelling and use of digital.
- Work closely with the Digital team to develop ways to promote and showcase Oaken Events Limited across our social media channels and other digital platforms.
- Oversee the collation of prospective events, working closely with department colleagues and Event Coordinators to make recommendations on confirmed events calendar- taking into account strategic priorities, resources and opportunities.
Strategy and performance:
- Working with the CEO and Event Coordinators to develop and implement organizational wide Events Strategies.
- Provide expertise into planning cycles and strategic decisions that influence the creation of products and propositions.
- Provide reporting and evaluations, sharing recommendations and providing regular progress to the CEO on achievement against KPIs, ROI and strategic priorities.
- Manage and operate within the agreed business plan and budget to ensure that Oaken Events Limited’s income targets are met.
- Ensure all donations and revenues are accurately recorded and recognized, working closely with the finance team.
- Ensure that the CRM is up to date and accurate at all times
- Ensure all events meet health & safety and data compliance standards.
- Undertake any other duties and reasonable requests that are in keeping with the nature of this post.
Manager behaviors and expectations:
- An understanding and belief in the inclusion of all staff, partners and young people irrespective of race, gender, sexuality, age, religion, ability, identity, and experience.
- Actively promotes and embeds an understanding of equity, diversity and an inclusive culture.
- Able to provide detailed feedback to direct reports on performance and development areas
- Able to mentor and develop skills in others
- Able to support others to learn from mistakes and support wellbeing
- Able to delegate work effectively and provide practical support.
- Minimum: University Degree.
- Event Management and/or Project Management qualification/Certification is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including relationship building, influencing and negotiating with a wide range of people, using tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent IT skills including use of Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of specialized Event Management Software is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage and take responsibility for own workload, handle multiple priorities and, to w independently. Personal qualities.
- A ‘can-do’ and flexible approach with ability to adapt to changing priorities, including a willingness to travel and work occasional evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Outcomes-focused and target-driven
- Passionate about supporting young people
- Strong storyteller and communicator
- Honesty and integrity
- Brave and ambitious
- Open to new ideas and creative thinker.
- 5+ years experience of successfully executing large corporate and high profile events.
- Experience in managing six/seven figure sums events
- Experience in managing a diverse workload, with multiple deadlines, stakeholders and deliverables.
- Experience in developing and delivering new event concepts.
- Technical know how in designing mood boards and floor plans for large capacity events (2000 to 30,000 capacity venues).
N200,000 – N300,000 / month.
Application Closing Date
30th December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: email@example.com using “Strategic Events Manager” as the subject of the email.
Note: Candidates must state in the body of the mail relevant skills and experience as it relates to the role.