Latest Oceaneering Job recruitment
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world’s premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Jobs at Oceaneering Recruitment
November 25, 2022
Oceaneering Nigeria Job Title: Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROV) Senior Pilot Technician Location: Lagos, Nigeria (Onshore / Offshore Operations) Purpose Responsible for operating Remotely Operated Vehicles, Subsea Tooling, IWOCS and RWOCS Systems,… Read more here
November 25, 2022
Oceaneering Nigeria Job Title: Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROV) Supervisor Location: Lagos, Nigeria (Onshore / Offshore Operations) Purpose Responsible for supervising the operation of as required for Oceaneering Subsea Robotics Equipment Operations (Remotely… Read more here
Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROV) Pilot Technician
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (Onshore / Offshore Operations)
- Responsible for operating Remotely Operated Vehicles, Subsea Tooling, IWOCS and RWOCS Systems, Tensioning and Reel Systems in a safe and efficient manner, and maintaining and repairing all electronic, electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems and sub-systems associated with same including component repair, replacement and troubleshooting.
- Operate equipment to include cameras (video and still), acoustic positioning systems, sonars, manipulators (robotic arms), LARS (Launch and Recovery Systems), hydraulic power units, complex subsea tooling, surface, and subsea workover systems.
- Assist or pilot the ROV including evaluating the environment conditions and hazards, dock/undock from TMS (tether management system), and navigate the ROV by acoustics, sonar and visual (video).
- Perform maintenance/repairs on equipment: maintain/ repair electronics, maintain/ repair hydraulics, maintain/repair mechanics, use test equipment, calibrate, and align equipment, and perform general housekeeping and corrosion control.
- Will operate and repair electrical over hydraulic and direct hydraulic control systems that interact with pumps, valves and other hydraulic transmission and power equipment.
- Will operate and interface sub-sea navigational equipment including but not limited to magnetic compass, gyro, transducer, sonar, altimeter, and associated survey equipment.
- Integrates and operates tooling including but not limited to cutters, pump units, multipurpose skids, dredging systems, standalone sensory systems, and any other tooling integrated to the Remotely Operated Vehicle.
- Maintains parts and supplies inventory associated with all electrical, electronic, mechanical, and hydraulic assemblies and subassemblies.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications (Requires Regional Variance)
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED), Technical/Associates degree preferred.
- 12 months of formal mechanical and hydraulic training and 12 months of formal electrical and electronics training; or combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to obtain a valid Passport and any other regionally mandated offshore work requirement documents as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics:
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Treats others fairly and with respect.
- Knowledge of company policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles, and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences.
- Identifies what needs to be done and acts before being asked or required.
Working Conditions (Requires Regional Variance)
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows:
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90% and noise is over 85 decibels.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Nigerian National Only
- This position is considered HEAVY work.