Location: Biu, Maiduguri, Borno | Office Assistant-(210003IS) | Save the Children
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3- The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
To provide a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the Office and also provide needed office support
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Dispose dirt inside the waste basket and dustbin daily
- Use cleaning solutions to remove stains and clean surfaces.
- Mix various cleaning agents.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture and scrub surfaces clean.
- Clean and service restrooms with mops and disinfectants every hour.
- Identify and report possible repairs.
- Support in movement of heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies.
- Wash kitchen utensils and make sure the kitchen surface is always neat, clean and dry
- Ensures no plates, cups or utensils are left over the night in the kitchen sink.
- Remove cobwebs.
- Sweep the compound
- Wet-wipe and polish all high-level shelves.
- Wet-wipe window ledges.
- Assist with photocopying and scanning of documents as directed.
- Update stock bin cards as directed.
- Assist to photocopy and scan documents are required.
- Stay at the Front Desk to attend to visitors as directed.
- Report any damage or fault noticed within the premises or on furniture, equipment and supplies to your Line Manager.
- Undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Always adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Other – Other ad hoc tasks as requested by Line Manager.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum level of Education – SSCE
- General Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level – Good
- Use of Office equipment; desktop/laptop, scanner etc. – Good
- Use of cleaning equipment and materials – Good
- Language Requirements – English – Good
- Desire Minimum Number of Years Prior Experience in a Similar Role – 2 years
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better health care, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
We undertake rigorous procedures to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organization and all candidates will, therefore, be subject to this scrutiny.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application Closing Date
May 28, 2021
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply