Title: Office Manager A2 | Ref: 01/21 HP
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers | British High Commission
Type of Post: British Liaison Office
Grade: A2 (L)
Type of Position: Fixed Term
Working hours per week: 37
Duration of Post: 12 months
Category: Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Subcategory: Corporate Services Support
Start Date: 15 April 2021
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Main Purpose of
- To manage the day to day operations of Port Harcourt office.
Roles and Responsibilities
What will the jobholder be expected to achieve:
- Managing the smooth day to day operations of the Port Harcourt office
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing annual budgets, scheduling expenditures, analysing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Maintaining daily financial records and monthly Network post-Accounting Spreadsheet (NPAs).
- Maintaining health and safety policies and managing the policy enforcement.
- Facility Management
- Ensure that property is up to FCO standards by keeping an Up-to-date PCA file
- Adherence and enforcement of procurement policies and procedures. Evaluating suppliers, products, and services, and ensuring that approved purchases are cost-efficient and of high quality.
- Relationship Management of vendors, service providers and landlord, ensuring prompt payment systems.
- Providing logistic support for visiting officers (booking of accommodation and transportation)
- Maintaining an accurate and up to date transport booking calendar
- Meeting, training and event planning.
- Maintaining a safe and secure environment for customers and employees. Post Security Officers duties (PSO)
- Receiving, preparing and dispatching of Diplomatic bags
- Maintains office staff job results by coaching, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Line management responsibility.
- Supervising and Monitoring the work of administrative staff
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing ad hoc tasks as needed
Resources Managed (Staff and Expenditure):
- Office Monthly Budget
- Drivers X 2
- Twg X 1
- Cleaner / Receptionist / Store Keeper X 1
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A University Degree in BA or BSC
- Over 3 years of working experience as an office manager
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Experience in budget and facilities management
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Seeing the Big Picture, Making Effective Decisions, Delivering Value for Money, Delivering at Pace
Starting Monthly Salary
Other Benefits and Conditions of
- Monday to Thursday: 07:30 am – 03:30 pm
- Friday: 07:30 am – 12:30 pm
Application Closing Date
23rd March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Port Harcourt are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- The British High Commission do not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.