Job Title: OpCo Chief Technology Officer | Opening ID: 82
Location: Lagos | Appzone Limited
Appzone Limited is Africa’s leading provider of Integrated Banking and Payment software platforms and incidentally creator of BankOne; the world’s leading cloud infrastructure for Banking and Payment processing targeted at Small and Medium financial Institutions.
- This role an executive position within one of our subsidiaries and it’s focused on Technology Strategy, Innovation, Engineering Execution, Software Development, Systems Engineering, and Product Management
- The CTO will develop and execute the short, medium and long-term strategic plan for technology, product development, deployment, and management. He/She will drive the creation and execution of a strategic technology roadmap across all products and client services.
- The CTO will also be a key contributor to the planning process for digital/product innovation.
- As a member of the leadership team within the product company, the CTO will also be responsible for recruiting and developing high-performing teams, leading and growing the engineering team towards high performance and velocity, sustainability, quality & excellence.
- He/She will be responsible for engineering, delivering, deploying and supporting all products, platforms, systems and infrastructure.
As an OpCo CTO, your job responsibilities would include:
- Formulation/execution of technical strategies and operations to ensure that relevant products surpass minimum standards and KPIs for security, performance, scalability, and reliability.
- Definition of appropriate system designs and architectures for relevant products.
- Coordination of efforts across multiple software development teams to deliver on functional and non-functional software requirements within stipulated project timelines.
- Oversight and direct involvement in application support activities to guarantee timely resolution of application issues as stipulated in SLAs.
- Identification, evaluation and recommendation of appropriate technology platforms, tools and frameworks required to deliver products.
- Conducting code and architecture reviews to achieve code quality control, comply with software development best practices and ensure that non-functional requirements are met.
- Implementation of disaster recovery and business continuity plans for relevant products.
- Implementation and on-going oversight of standard software development and delivery process along with related automation
- Conducting research on leading edge technologies to determine relevance to products and suitable implementation approaches to adopt where applicable.
- Ensuring that periodic goals and performance expectations of the various units within the technology team are achieved.
- Co-ordination of the team’s efforts to implement and adhere to defined standard operating procedures.
- Co-ordination of domain, technology, and application knowledge transfer activities across the team.
- Active engagement in the achievement of goals & objectives in line with the Holding company’s vision, mission and values relevant to the candidate’s responsibilities, which may be amended from time to time.
- B.Sc. and Master’s Degree from reputable universities in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Management, Data Science, Mathematics or a similar related field. An MBA preferred but not compulsory.
- At least 7 years related work experience including experience working as a senior software developer or software architect for a software company and / or Fintech / Banks
- A track record of successfully delivered enterprise applications with an industry reputation for exceptional talent and proficiency in software development
- Candidate must have worked in capacity of Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Chief Software
- Architect or Lead developer
- Candidate should have good knowledge of payment, banking, and IT infrastructure management.
- Candidate must have strong capabilities in software architecture & design, research & development, DevOps, software scalability & reliability, technology strategy, and team mentorship.
- Deep expertise employing SDLC methodologies including agile and scrum.
- Knowledge and experience in developing, implementing, and using standardized methodologies, frameworks, SOPs, templates, etc for the achievement of team objectives.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply