Title: Operations Manager (Acting) | Creative Associates International | Location: Abuja
Creative seeks an Operations Manager (Acting) for the USAID/OTI-funded Nigeria Lake Chad Basin project. The Operations Manager plays a key role in supporting the Chief of Party in managing the Contractor’s day-to-day field presence in the areas of operations, including the project’s facilities (such as office space, equipment and project vehicles), administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting and financial accounting (Which may include cash flow management, time sheet recording and daily monitoring of obligations, budgets, and expenditures). The Operations Manager’s responsibilities may include ensuring that program implementation is in accordance with USAID regulations and procedures and the specifications determined in the SOW, which may include: monitoring grantee worthiness; assuring fair and transparent procurement processes; reviewing financial management; and monitoring activity implementation.
This is a temporary position.Responsibilities:The Operations Manager is responsible for:
- All operations including but not limited to administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting, financial, and property.
- Ensuring that program implementation is in accordance with USAID regulations and procedures and the specifications determined in the SOW. This will include monitoring grantee worthiness, ensuring that all procurement processes are perceived as transparent by beneficiary communities, assuring fair and transparent procurement processes, review of financial management, and monitoring grant implementation.
- Ensuring that the most reasonable, fair, expeditious, and appropriate procurement choices were made pursuant to the Contractor Procurement Guide.
- Supervising the Contractor’s day-to-day field presence in the areas of operations (including the project’s facilities such as office space, equipment and project vehicles), administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting and financial accounting.
- Supervising the daily financial operations of the contract, which include cash flow management, time sheet recording, reporting to USAID/OTI on the financial aspects of the project, and daily monitoring of obligations, budgets, and expenditures.
- Supervising the Contractor’s field staff managing operations, administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting and financial accounting.
- Ensuring continuous liquidity for the project; handle all human resource issues; supervise the day-to-day implementation of all grants made under the program; and investigate and identify new ways of achieving project efficiencies.
- Coordinating with the Contractor’s Home Office on all compliance issues, seeking legal and policy guidance on sanctions and other applicable restrictions.
- While not directly responsible for overseeing activity development, the Operations Manager will be expected to have a good grasp of the programmatic aspects of the project and be prepared to step in as needed to support the COP and other program staff in activity development aspects of the project while staying apprised of the evolution of the local political, legal, and economic situation and on how to continuously adapt the program.
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree on donor-funded projects in a related role, preferably with some demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Experience with a donor, Contractor, or international NGO managing an office or program highly desired, but not required.
- Experience working in developing countries is required, preferably in a fragile or transitional state environment.
- The candidate should be fluent in the Contractor’s and USAID’s policies and procedures in regards to human resources, financial management, financial reporting, and procurement processes, systems, and grants management.
- It is highly desired, but not required that the candidate have experience with grants or small grants under contract programs, and preferably cash grants to local organizations.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing program start-up under limited time constraints as well as program close-out is highly desired, but not required.
- Experience with remote management in transition environments highly desired, but not required.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply