Job Title: Operations Team Lead | Location: Yaba, Lagos | MKOBO Microfinance bank
Employment Type: Full-time
MKOBO is a fully licensed Microfinance bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in Lagos, Nigeria. MKOBO was conceived to help solve consumers’ need for access to short-term emergency credit. Our goal is to provide access to short term unsecured loans, which is easily accessible. We cater to the demography currently undeserved by the Commercial banks in our aim to help increase financial inclusion of the Nigerian population.
- Mkobo is currently pivoting to a full-service digital bank/Neobank by launching mkobobank.com. Our goal is to help hard-working people grow their wealth by making it easy for them to Earn, Save, Spend and Invest their hard-earned money. To this end, we are recruiting a Team Lead Operations who shall have the responsibility to oversee the day-to-day business operations for the business.
- The ideal candidate will have had some hands-on experience working within a Commercial or Microfinance or Fintech within the Operations team. This role will assist in the setup/implementation of banking operations and the policies required to support the launch of a new challenger / Neobank and also providing solutions that drive both customer and business value.
- Above all things, the operations department is there to simply make sure things GET DONE.
- Ensure all operations team functions are carried out in accordance with laid down procedures & policies in the manuals and SOPs.
- Ensure that all customer support requests are assigned and attended to within the SLA
- Ensure the team members are up to speed and trained on all operations processes and policies in SOPs.
- Provide prompt, error-free, and quality customer service.
- Respond to customer inquiries promptly through all channels
- Processing of savings, Fixed deposit, and other customer applications/requests
- Manage customer complaints through an effective customer complaints resolution process.
- Develop strategies to minimize customer complaints and suggest ways of managing the perception of the Company.
- Providing business and operational support to all departments
- Ensure all IT assets are accounted for and in good working order at all times
- Log and monitor service requests from both internal and external Customers until resolved
- Process Mapping & Optimization: review and optimize processes, document them, and ensure that business systems are fitfor purpose
- Provide IT support to internal staff to include hardware, software, and application support
- Maintain and ensure up to date disaster recovery plan
- Define, measure, monitor, and report on operations KPI and metrics on a weekly and monthly basis
- Liaise with 3rd party IT vendors for the support and maintenance of systems.
- Supervises the customer support team and sets day-to-day operational objectives for the team.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners and monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Onboarding and off-boarding Employees as requested and ensuring new staff has access to the right applications for their job.
- Any other corporate administrative duties may be required from time to time.
- Hold a Post Graduate Degree in any discipline
- Minimum 3 years experience in Operations / Customer Support / IT Support role
- Minimum of 1-year team lead / supervisory role experience
- Have some operational experience in a FinTech or financial institution
- Possess a high level of trust to drive best practices with minimal supervision
- Have good project management and leadership skills
- Possess good analytical skills, in-depth understanding of business models
- Keen interest and knowledge of Fintech/Start-ups ecosystem
- Good understanding of CBN / NIDC and other regulatory landscape
- Good knowledge of retail banking operations, retail products, and commercialization
- Strong knowledge of operational control methodologies in Microfinance banks.
- Excellent skills in impact analysis and measurement.
- Proficient English skills in writing and speaking.
- Excellent critical thinking and solution-oriented, self-starter results-oriented person.
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management abilities
- Leadership, team management, developing and mentoring
- High-level influencing and interpersonal skills
- Relationship building, negotiation, problem-solving, and troubleshooting.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply