Latest job vacancies at Outsource Africa
Outsource Africa is a recruitment agency based in Lagos, Nigeria. We are specialists in recruiting talents and understand the effort it takes to find the right talent. From our screening / profiling of candidates to final selection, we are with you every step of the way.
Jobs at Outsource Africa Recruitment
October 6, 2022
September 21, 2022
Outsource AfricaJob Title: Financial Analyst Location: Lekki, LagosEmployment Type: Full-time Job Description Perform a wide variety of highly complex accounting, financial analysis and reporting work auditing, reconciling and maintaining financial records… Read more here
Employment Type: Full-time
- Perform a wide variety of highly complex accounting, financial analysis and reporting work auditing, reconciling and maintaining financial records in support of the school; including budgets, journals and ledgers of income, expenditures and encumbrances.
- Download, interpret and manipulate information from both financial and nonfinancial systems. This includes student, staff and estates data.
- Analyse spending patterns and trends to provide insights to budget holders.
- Perform regular variance analysis on the portfolio and provide commentaries.
- Conduct, prepare, and submit systematic and periodic reviews of budgets, preparing projections of variance to approved budgets. Creates and updates Standard Operating Procedures.
- Prepare and audit a variety of financial, statistical and budgetary reports statements and records related to assigned accounting functions.
- Review and analyse financial statements, records and reports to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
- Implements budget revisions in accordance with designated specifications.
- Conduct financial, statistical, and operational studies of a variety of school operations. Prepare findings, recommendations, and discussion for management review and action.
- Analyse and interpret legislative, state and federal directives; communicate findings to the Head of Finance and management. Coordinate necessary recommendations for revisions as required for financially sound and consistent policies concerning budget accountability.
- Analyse budgeting and accounting record procedures to ensure systems internal controls and compliance with regulatory requirements, policies and administrative regulations.
- Prepare various comparative analysis reports to be presented to management. Prepare various fiscal documentation regarding accounting activities, e.g., weekly, monthly and annual reports.
- Oversee, calculate, post, audit and adjust journal entries including yearend closing, account reconciliation, reporting, and auditing; monitor, evaluate and reconcile assigned accounts and budgets; update accounts to reflect revenue and expenditures. Coordinate input of budget data. Implement procedures for specialising budgets. Input account item transfers.
- Manage and analyses budget reports and preparation of recommendations for auditing and internal controls. Evaluate budgets to ensure adequate funds exist prior to authorisation. Forecast short-term and long-term projections of revenues and expenditures. Provide timely and accurate information relating to budget status.
- May receive, review, and process requisitions from various departments; track requisition processes, including initial receiving, coding and tracking.
- Generate invoices when required.
- Maintain financial models (such as staff budgets, tuition fees, etc.) in Excel.
- Evaluate current capital expenditures and depreciation.
- Explore investment opportunities.
- Establish and evaluate profit plans.
- Identify trends in financial performance and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Coordinate with other members of the finance team to review financial information and forecasts.
- Responsible for ensuring that data is accurate, up-to-date and complete.
- Active role in debt management and control.
- Maintain relationships with the banks.
- Degree in Finance, or other related fields.
- Professional qualification
- 3 to 5 years of successful experience in a financial role, preferably in a school
- Experience using financial software.
- Working effectively with internal and external partners.
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Higher level IT skills.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective communicator and presenter – orally and in writing.
- Ability to work as part of a team.