Job Title: Packaging Operator | Location: Sagamu, Ogun | AB InBev
Job Type: Full-time
AB InBev is the world’s leading brewer. We produce over 500 beers, including world-famous brands such as Budweiser, Stella Artois and Corona. Local Africa brands such as Carling Black Label, Hero, Kilimanjaro, 2M, Eagle and we want like-minded, hard-working and passionate people to join our teams in Africa.
- They key purpose of this role is to safely operate and maintain defined packaging equipment (Filling and labelling process areas which have a bigger business impact with cost and consumer quality) and related process to achieve optimal effectiveness.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Operating equipment in packaging process areas according to VPO standards
- Constantly reviewing process performance against target, and recording short stops and correcting any out of controls using the VPO tools
- Recording waste and movement of product on the appropriate documentation or information systems. Review trends to identify and resolve problem(s)
- Carrying out autonomous operations as defined for the process areas
- Identify defective plant, and report these through to the Process Artisan or Team leader to assist with resolution
- Assisting the Process Artisan/Machine Specialist in executing running repairs on shift
- Carrying out the required quality checks and analyses and recording the results on the appropriate information system
- The list of quality checks to be executed is contained in the work instructions
- React to the results using the VPO tools supplied
- Actively participate in shift meetings, asking questions to test understanding and contributing suggestions. Making use of the action logs to record issues, problems, and improvement opportunities
- Fully understand the team Dream and contribute in achieving it
- Make use of relevant communication media (e.g. shift logbook) to stay informed and inform others of issues
- Complete required hand over to incoming shift team members, ensuring the issues relating to plant performance, quality and maintenance are communicated
- Ensure and maintain a safe and healthy work environment
- Interpret and implement production plan for shift
- Operate manual and automatic machines on the line as per standards
- Monitor production processes on shift and correct any negative trends
- Ensure process quality and productivity
- Minimum of B.Sc. / HND in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
Traits & Competences Required:
- Prepared to work shifts
- The main role is to apply core competencies to achieve optimum plant and process performance.
- Manage a process area according to VPO principles and standards
- A logical, analytical problem solver who can operate in an unstructured environment
- A team player (prepared to communicate, listen and assist)
- Initiative and energy
- Achievement Drive (improvement, do better than standard or what was done previously, be the best)
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for shortlisting.
- The company policy requires that your immediate manager is informed of your intention to apply for the role and only shortlisted candidate will be contacted and specify the plant where the role you are applying for seats.
- International Breweries PLC is an equal opportunities employer and we promote gender equality in the company