Microsoft Nigeria |Job Title: Partner / Channel Marketing Manager | Job number: 922076 | Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment type: Full-Time
Travel: 0-25 %
Role type: Individual Contributor
Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
- Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
- The mission of the One Commercial Partner (OCP) organization is to accelerate Microsoft’s growth through its extensive and vibrant ecosystem of managed and unmanaged partners, while also guiding the definition of and establishing excellence in execution across the global OCP teams. To do this, OCP focuses its efforts around four core motions: Build-with, Technical, Go To Market (GTM), and Partner Co-sell.
- The Partner Channel Marketing Manager-Recruit is key to Microsoft’s partner management strategy as part of the One Commercial Partner (OCP) organization. The PCMM-R drives unmanaged partner segment campaigns aligned to SMB priorities and sales plays and is the trusted business partner driven by segment thought leadership. This individual demonstrates a sales challenger mindset that drives growth and performance through revenue, customer acquisition, consumption & usage at scale.
- Come be part of a team that believes in the power of partnership. Partners make more possible and Microsoft has the products and programs to meet partner’s needs. We combine the widest range of products in the industry, across a variety of devices and platforms with the flexibility to choose the programs and benefits necessary for your partners to build, go-to-market, and sell with us.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drive unmanaged partner segment campaigns aligned to SMB priorities and sales plays
- Accelerate partner and solution transformation aligned to SMB market opportunities
- Demonstrates sales challenger mindset that drive growth and performance through revenue, customer acquisition, consumption & usage at scale
- Lead a healthy unmanaged growth: leverages digital, indirect providers, and resources, drives focus and mindshare to support SMB business outcomes
Key habits include:
- Maintains knowledge and ability to articulate the Microsoft value proposition to partners
- Dedicates time to area recruitment planning and identifies lead time for success against capacity needs and continually surfaces insights on new partners and competitors
- Creates and executes a plan with local central marketing organization (CMO) to grow new partner capacity through global demand center / global engagement programs (GDC / GEP) motions and activation of partner communities
- Orchestrates overall partner recruitment effort and ongoing rhythm-of-the-business (ROB) on progress
- Experiences Required: education, key experiences, skills, and knowledge.
- Candidates must have at least 8-10 years of practical experience developing and driving partner and / or customer marketing (including focus on digital) strategy and execution
- Be able to effectively drive cross-group communication and cooperation, using strong communication, project management, and organizational skills
- Possess a personal passion for marketing, customer relationship marketing, technology, partners and satisfaction
- Experience driving demand generation with third party partnerships
- Passion for driving results
- Proven ability to influence others as well as negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of SMB, Enterprise and / or Consumer marketing and selling approaches
- Ability to engage and influence at senior levels
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
Benefits and Perks
Benefits / perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work:
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
- COVID-19 notice: Microsoft is closely following the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and working on our own response including implementing processes that promote candidate and employee safety. We have shifted all in-person interviews globally to be held virtually until further notice. Read guidance on how to prepare for your virtual interviews