Title: Payroll Officer | Watu | Location: Lagos, Nigeria
WATU is a focus-driven, customer-centric company that believes everyone deserves the opportunity to be an entrepreneur and achieve their ambitious goals in life.
As Africa’s fastest growing Asset Finance company, we see the continent’s bright and prosperous future and want to be part of making it a reality.
Our vision is to provide asset financing for motorcycles and three-wheelers to those who understand when provided with the right tools can fulfil their dreams and the needs of their families and community.
We Empower Entrepreneurs by providing the means needed to move and improve lives. Our business is growing rapidly in Nigeria.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented Payroll Officer to join our growing team in Lagos. We are looking for doers who are ready to roll up their sleeves and with their hard work and dedication create the impact needed in our communities.
Do you want to become a part of our ambitious and creative team of smart individuals and make a difference and you have what it takes? Then read on and apply for this exciting opportunity!
As a Payroll Officer you’ll be ensuring the accurate and timely collection and submission of payroll data along with some other administrative functions.
A successful Payroll Officer is expected to adapt to the fast-paced culture of both the company, the market and the customers we serve.
- Collect and verify timesheets from branches/departments, enter/submit for monthly processing, archive the documents
- Prepare documents for bonus and other variable benefits, get them approved, enter/submit for monthly processing, archive the documents
- Manage vacations (forecast schedule, actual earned/utilized)
- Follow up on the expiration of term contracts, prepare documents and initiate extensions, enter/submit for monthly processing, archive the documents
- Know the difference between permanent employment, fixed term employment and service contract
- Manage the mandatory trainings attendance such as work safety and data compliance
- Support with company Taxation, Audit process and necessary follow up with Tax regulatory body
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in managing payroll process
- Experience in preparation and customization of employee-related documents such as employee contracts, various letters, resignations, etc
- Knowledge of different types of taxes (WHT, PAYE) and experience in calculations, filings, tax audits would be a plus
- Meticulousness and attention to details
- Approachable and flexible personality
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Administrative related field
What we offer:
- Be a part of an international, dynamic and driven team that has set their aspirations high and work hard to achieve those
- Opportunities to learn and grow together with us
- Competitive compensation package
- Health benefits
Key Behavioural Competence
- Ability and confidence to vary between being flexible and holding firm on a decision, depending on what the situation requires.
- Showing leadership by adjusting one’s approach to the demands of a particular task by taking and maintaining a position in a self-assured manner.
- Ability to be willing to take action to address needs without being requested to do so.
- Staying on-task to completion, particularly in the face of obstacles or other trying circumstances.
- Ability to work effectively with different people and teams of people by putting others at ease.
- Acknowledging diverse opinions, addressing relevant concerns, minimizing conflict, promoting harmony.
- Cooperating with others and working toward consensual solutions to achieve the group’s objectives.
- Ability to identify and set priorities, plan and effectively allocate appropriate resources.
- To attend to detail so that relevant issues are addressed and result in high-quality outcomes.
- Stress Management
- Ability to work well under pressure or opposition, while maintaining effectiveness and self-control in the midst of any one or combination of stressors, including emotional strain, ambiguity, risk to self and fatigue.
Valuing Service and Diversity
- Ability to be sensitive to client and community needs and perceptions by providing prompt, efficient and equitable
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply