Job Title: Personal Assistant | Domeo Resources International (DRI)
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: Managing Director
- The main function of this job role is to provide administrative support to the MD and accomplish strategic objectives by executing a broad variety of administrative tasks for the organization.
Roles and Task Complexities
- Format information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports etc.
- Represent the MP in calls when unavailable
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the MP including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing the MP’s expense reports etc.
- Compose and prepare correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agenda; and compile documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plan, coordinate and ensure the MP’s schedule is followed and respected. Provide “gatekeeper” and “gateway” roles, creating win-win situations for direct access to the MP’s time and office.
- Communicate directly and on behalf of the MP, with staff, clients, potential clients, and others, on matters related to the MP.
- Research, prioritize and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the MP, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the MP’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with Senior Management staff.
- Work closely and effectively with the MP to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Act as the point of contact between all stakeholders in multiple capacities
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
- Review print and online resources to gather information
- Take minutes of meetings attended with the MP and circulate accordingly
- Ensure execution of projects on time and within budget, in accordance with the developed plans
- Professionally manage communications with all internal and external stakeholders
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Senior Management Liaison:
- Participate as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings.
- Assist in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings, and all-staff meetings.
- Facilitate cross-divisional coordination of travel and other plans.
Communications & Partnerships:
- Ensure that the MD’s bio is kept updated and respond to requests for materials regarding the MD and the organization in general.
- Edit and complete first drafts for written communications to external stakeholders.
- Work with the Strategic Initiatives team in coordinating the MD’s outreach activities.
- Follow up on contacts made by the MD and support the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience / Qualification
- A Degree in Social Sciences or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role.
Competencies / Skills:
- Excellent programme management skills
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Excellent decision-making and organisational skills
- Excellent Stakeholder management skills
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Proven ability to balance multiple projects, and collaborate across disciplines in a cross-functional atmosphere
- A self-starter who is a “doer” and can work on his/her own projects with minimal direction
- Knowledge of Office Software and Internet
Behavioural Qualities / Other Competencies:
- High entrepreneurial acumen
- Proactive identification and elimination of inefficiencies
- Goal, quality and excellence orientation
- Ability to motivate others to achieve goals and instil confidence whilst respecting and supporting colleagues and team members to reach their full potential.
- Ability to translate strategic objectives into everyday activities
- Ability to solve complex problems, continuously improve and adapt the ideas of others.
Application Closing Date
8th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Personal Assistant” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.