Title: Personal Assistant to Ambassador| Location: Abuja | Embassy of Ireland Nigeria
- The Embassy of Ireland in Abuja is looking for an Ambassador’s Personal Assistant (PA) to join our team.
- The Ambassador of Ireland in Abuja is accredited to Nigeria, Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire, Senegal and ECOWAS.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Providing administrative support to the Ambassador, including managing the Ambassador’s schedule, appointments, correspondence, local and regional visits, as well as representation activities
- Assisting with official travel arrangements for the Ambassador, and other senior staff when appropriate
- Managing the weekly diary for other senior Embassy staff, when required
- Liaising with the Nigerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs for all protocol arrangements, including facilitating access to other ministries, federal organisations, and state governments
- Liaising with other sections of the Embassy, the Department of Foreign Affairs and other Government Departments in Ireland, and external agencies as required
- Supervising all of the Residence domestic staff
- Managing representational activities for the Ambassador, including organising events in Nigeria and in secondary accreditations
- Assisting with practicalities regarding delegation visits from Ireland and other external promotional activities
- Providing supporting documents for the Ambassador’s activities
- Maintaining and managing contact and correspondence with the Protocol section at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and other relevant authorities, including in Ireland’s countries of secondary accreditation. This includes sending, receiving, and filing notes verbale; communicating with customs authorities; and updating diplomatic lists.
- Drafting letters, correspondence and invitations
- Managing the Embassy Contacts Management System
Competence and working experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; excellent command of English, both written and oral
- Working experience from public authorities, preferably other diplomatic missions, agencies, ministries or other state authorities.
- A good sense of cooperation, organisation and personal responsibility. Ability to work under time pressure.
- A high degree of integrity and a commitment to customer service.
- Computer skills – must be proficient in Word, Excel, and e-mail and internet.
- Legal entitlement to live and work in Nigeria prior to recruitment.
Terms and Conditions
- Working hours: full time, or 37 hours per week.
- Overtime: as appropriate for the job level
- Remuneration: NGN 615,350.00 gross monthly salary
- Benefits: Medical insurance, 13th month salary, pension
- Primary work location: Embassy of Ireland, Abuja
- Start date: Mid-March 2021. There is a 6-month probation period, after which performance is reviewed and a fixed term contract may be offered.
Application Closing Date
17:00; 22nd February, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] the application should contain the following:
- A letter of application in English (1 page max) outlining your suitability for the position and interest in working with the Embassy of Ireland;
- A CV/Résumé (2 pages max);
- Details of two nominated referees with contact details and if available, copies of professional references
- Copies of any relevant academic, professional and language qualifications.
- No applications will be accepted after this deadline. Application emails must have the subject line: “Ambassador’s PA Application (your full name)”. Example “Ambassador’s PA Application John Smith”. Applications without the advised subject line may not be considered.
- Data Protection: All personal information received will be kept in line with GDPR and Data Protection guidelines.
- Security Clearance for Local Staff: Police vetting will be sought in respect of individuals who come under consideration for appointment. Enquiries may also be made with the police force of any country in which the