CarePoint is a chain of healthcare facilities dedicated to offering the highest quality of health care services at affordable cost. CarePoint health facilities are situated across several local government and communities in Lagos state, specifically. We currently own two (2) facilities across Lagos and part of our mission is to expand.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Pharmacist
Objectives of Role
- The primary objective of the role is to supervise the operations of CarePoint Pharmacies both at the hospital level and across the chain of pharmacies.
- The ideal candidate will assist in developing a sustainable business development and supply chain model that will be replicable across all divisions of CarePoint Pharmacies.
Pharmacist & Quality Control:
- Supervise the operations of CarePoint pharmacies by building an ideal structure that will enable efficient and effective coordination of workflow in the Pharmacy
- Direct and monitor other pharmacists or pharmacy technicians’ performance by providing ongoing proactive, constructive feedback, training, and evaluations; and make recommendations for hiring, promotion, and termination.
- Proactively review all patients/customer needs, ensuring that they are provided world-class customer service through the use of best practices and company operating procedures.
- Supervise all activities related to the preparation, dispensing and sale of prescribed medication.
- Supervise the legality, safety and appropriateness of the prescription order with dispensed drugs; check patient’s medication record and compare its accuracy to the quantities of medication dispensed.
- Ensure 100% compliance with state and federal drug laws as regulated by Pharmacy Council of Nigeria and NAFDAC.
- Protects the Organization and patients by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensure proper maintenance of all records for controlled substances and removal of outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory.
- Ensure proper maintenance of proper pharmacy and general safety procedures and standards, including department cleanliness.
- Responsible for coordinating the supply process for CarePoint pharmacies which includes planning, drug request, vendor management, and stock management.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; and removing outdated drugs.
- Supervises the dispensing of drugs in the pharmacy by spot-checking medication orders and prescriptions; ensuring proper labelling of shelves; calculating quantities; assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
- Ensures medication availability by overseeing the entire stock management across CarePoint pharmacies.
- Successfully develops relationships and works collaboratively with business stakeholders in the pharmacy industry; to ensure prompt set-up of the pharmacy and control of drug supply after acquisition
- Supervises the operations of the chain of pharmacies across all CarePoint acquired pharmacies.
- Liaises with the Business development & Marketing team to increase market share, growth rate and profitability of the chain of pharmacies by creating awareness for the Pharmacy brand, organizing outreaches, health walks, road shows, distribution of branded items to the public, marketing campaigns etc.
- Monitor and Coordinate customer’s orders and prepare monthly sales report for product range.
Experience and Skill Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy, an MBA, Master’s degree in Business Management, Financial Management or Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience as a community Pharmacist, in a supply chain / business development/ logistics management role within a Pharmaceutical environment.
- Must possess awareness of supply chain planning, and inventory management for multiple products.
- Able to communicate supply chain status, activity and strategy in a clear and concise manner to key stakeholders.
- Thorough understanding of dosage administration and measurement, chemical compounds, medical brands, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and create cost effective solutions.
- Ability to persuade and influence, motivate and collaborate across all functional business lines.
- Ability to rapidly build trust and credibility with prospective vendors.
- Excellent understanding of the pharmacy business segment; industry and competitive knowledge
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment, inherent sense of urgency; knowing what needs to be done, when, and how.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholder relationships simultaneously with varied levels of complexity.
- Detailed understanding of supply contracts and industry standard terms and conditions.
- Able to hit the ground running, while quickly understanding complexities of business.
- High level attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Creating a Safe, Effective Pharmacy Environment, Thoroughness.
- Excellent time management skills, organization skills, team spirit.
- Excellent knowledge of standards (e.g. ISO, SafeCare).
- Proficient in MS Office and computer systems (e.g. patient management software)
Application Closing Date
30th May, 2020.