Plan International | Account Assistant | Job Location: Enugu
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Position: Account Assistant
Department & Location: Finance
Reports to (position): Project Coordinators with technical link to Finance department
Dimensions of Role:
This project will be implemented in the Far North regions targeting, Refugees, IDPs LVP and returnees as well.
Duty station : Maroua PIIA.
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
The Account Assistant will among many other tasks perform the following:
- Participates in the budgeting process and ensures that operational plans are consistent with the approved budgets.
- Monitors project budget entries in program management software on SAP and keeps records of budget modifications on file.
- Provide Support in all administration related activities: logistic, incoming and outgoing mails purchase of goods at both office and field level.
- Attends to Coordination meetings/seminars on Project grants and relevant information and active participation is given/made.
- Facilitates all payments in the field during various activities (training, workshops, etc).
- Analysis and reconciles project expenditures Vs budget accurately and on time.
- Prepare and submit donor financial reports on time as per the agreement with donors/s, in collaboration with the Project Coordinator and Finance Coordinator.
- Follow up on Audit recommendations to ensure that they are fully implemented.-• Close out project accounts upon project completion
Dealing with Problems:
The holder of the position has no authorization and will liaise with PIIA’s finance and Administrative department for all related finance and administrative procedures under the leadership of the Coordinator. His proactveness will be key in planning and implementation of activities in the field.
Communications and Working Relationships:
The Account Assistant should maintain a good collaboration and communication with technical and financial partners at both in and external levels.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
- University degree in Accounting/Finance
- At least 2 year’ experience in a similar role
- Good experience in project reporting requirements
- Excellent written and spoken skills in English and French
- Calm and positive under pressure and in difficult situations
Physical Environment and Demands:
Ability to work under pressure and in remote area and in zones were security issues is a concern.
Level of Contact with Children:
Low contact: No contact or very low frequency of interaction
Type of Role: Account Assistant
Reports to: Finance Specialist
E arly application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme . In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for. Our organisation is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organisational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.
Closing Date: 30/08/2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply