Job Title: Planning Editor | Location: Abuja | Type: Full Time | Career TV Station
Career TV Station – A reputable national TV news channels based in Abuja is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position above.
- We are looking for a candidate that is talented, motivated and an experienced Journalist that will lead our news and current affairs department in planning and deploying of resources to deliver impactful journalism to our TV audience.
- Lead and manage reporters, producers, shoot edits and others in news gathering and delivery
- Liaise with senior editorial staff to originate ideas for delivering day-to-day and event driven editorial projects.
- Commission new content that will be shareable along TV and digital platforms.
- Assessing and analysing the risk and value in deployments and make effective decisions often in breaking news situation.
- To serve as a high-risk point of contact in hostile environment deployments.
- To also lead and manage content partnership and co-production with partners.
- Manage budget for content creation and deployments.
- With significant experience in live television.
- You will have an extensive knowledge of TV and digital content production techniques with at least 5 years experience.
You will also:
- Be a trained journalist and / or have as strong production skills or journalistic background.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications or related field
- Have management skills, and capable of inspiring teams
- Editorial authority and organisational excellence.
- A track record in editorial innovation and in developing TV content.
- A successful record of managing budgets and observing tight financial
- Excel at work within a culturally and ethnically diverse staff
- Demonstrable experience of carrying out a coordinating role within a production team.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply