Since its creation, SPIE Oil & Gas Services mission as a service company has been to turn work into energy and vice versa.
Over 3,000 engineers and technicians dedicate themselves every day to live projects as adventures, in which risk-taking never exceeds preparation.
Thanks to their energy, and the most extensive range of services available on the market, from Oil & Gas industry to the Pharmaceutical industry, we assist our clients from engineering phase of their projects to operations.
Our presence is sustainable in over 40 countries.
We are continuously seeking to renew ourselves.
Our clients are the catalyst of our evolution.
We are committed in a strong CSR approach and diversity takes part of our priorities.
PLC Supervisor * M/F
SPIE OIL&GAS Services NIGERIA is currently looking for a PLC Superviosr to work in on one of it key project (FPSO)
– Direct responsibility for the maintenance, operation and configuration of the hardware and software of the Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) and associated devices of all Packages within the AKPO Industrial Information System (SII),
– Partial responsibility for the AKPO Safety Instrumented System,
– Reports to the ICSS Administrator,
– Is assisted by the Triconex Specialist.
– The FPSO produces 160 kbopd of Oil and 600 mmscfd of Gas and has a storage capacity of 2,000,000 barrels.
JOB CONTENTS/PROBLEM SOLVING (ACTIVITIES)
HSE – Ensure that COMPANY’s HSE regulations are respected
– Maintain, operate, modify and perform routine tasks on the PLCs, HMIs, automation computers and Unit Control Panels (UCP) of all AKPO Packages located in the Hull and Topside of the FPSO as well as the Buoy, all located within the AKPO Field.
– Carry out modifications on both hardware (input, output, communication cards etc) and software (control and safety logic, sequence logic etc) of all systems (compressors, pumps, oil & gas metering system, High Integrity Pressure Protection System (HIPPS), Tank Gauging System (TGS), Power Distribution Control System (PDCS), Telemetry System, machine monitoring system etc), under his responsibility as may be required, requested or directed by COMPANY.
– Prepare with the ICSS Administrator, preventive and corrective actions and modifications of the systems under his responsibility.
– Manage and document in technical reports, interventions using the CMIMS and work packs provided by the planning team.
– Follow up the parameter values and alarms in the concerned systems under his responsibility and perform trouble shooting if required.
– Control and apply inhibits in the systems as directed and controlled by COMPANY rules and procedures.
– Maintain an accurate and auditable log of all system faults and inhibits (Short term and long term).
– Take part in daily, weekly and coordination meetings on SITE,
– Identify, in the preparatory stage of maintenance works, any sensitive operation and ensure that a proper assessment of the risks involved is carried out beforehand,
– Identify recurrent corrective maintenance interventions, analyse them and suggest improvements, as well as problems related to availability, quality and obsolescence of spare parts.
– Track any backlog of work in area of responsibility and suggest corrective measures to COMPANY and CONTRACTOR to improve the management of the backlog.
– Review and assure that all Software Modifications and corrective actions are validated by COMPANY
The holder of this post must have the following qualifications;
– National Diploma or Certificate (ND/NC) or A-levels + 3 years’ further study or BTS/DUT or equivalent,
– 6 years’ experience in the field of Control and Safety Systems and a minimum of 3 years as a Specialist in Control and Safety systems in the Oil and Gas / Petrochemical industry,
– Knowledge of the oil and gas treatment process, installations and equipment. – Advanced knowledge and skill in PLC’s especially Siemens’ SIMATIC Industrial Automation Systems, Panels and HMI’s.
– Knowledge of machine control (e.g compressor control, injection pump control, offloading pump control, turbine control) will be an added advantage.
– Knowledge of general instrumentation concepts, field devices (sensors and final elements), instrument loops, etc.
– Awareness of Emerson’s DeltaV Process Control System, Allen Bradley’s ControlLogix System and Schneider’s Triconex Safety Instrumented Systems are an added advantage.
– Awareness of SAP CMIMS or similar
– Awareness of Operator Training Simulators.
– Possession of good interpersonal skills – Fluency in English language is required and knowledge of French language is an advantage
Manages interventions using the CMIMS and work packs provided by the planning team,
Reviews all intervention reports in the CMIMS (including those concerning SMC) and writes the detailed technical
reports related to his field,
Monitors (and in certain plant – Operates) the functioning of any equipment placed under his responsibility,
Performs trouble shooting in the ICSS, PLC, etc.
Follows up the Parameter values and alarms in the concerned systems for condition monitoring purposes,
Controls and applies inhibits in the systems as directed and controlled by COMPANY rules and procedures.
Maintains an accurate and auditable log of all system faults and inhibits (Short term and long term)
Takes part in daily, weekly and coordination meetings on SITE,
Ensures that the transfer of knowledge by mentoring occurs properly within his teams and actively participates in this
himself, leading others by his example,
Manages and Coaches/Mentors the ICSS/PLC technician directly under his responsibility,
Carries out, at COMPANY Validation, any intervention within his field of competence.
Takes in charge the systems under his responsibility in case of breakdown until correct operation is resumed.
Minimum level of experience required
6 years or more
English (D-Full professional proficiency)
Combining our differences
SPIE Oil & Gas Services is committed to promote diversity. This position is opened to people with disabilities
Deadline: Not Specified