Dangote Group | Job Title: Pre-Shipment Officer – Export – (Cement Industry) | Reference No.: Preshipment002
Location: Apapa, Lagos
Employment Type: Full time
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
- Provide support to Logistics Officer in managing key operations decision, , adherence to shipping activities, safety guidelines and quality requirements etc.
- Support in scheduling of DCP’s cement export shipments in compliance with applicable regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Obtain relevant information on planned shipments and update shipping schedule.
- Ensure compliance of the Freight Forwarding processes with DCP rules and regulation.
- Ensure that all safety requirements such as certifications, identifications, etc. are fully complied as per DCP requirements and regulations.
- Ensure the good administration and filing of all the Freight Forwarding documents in line with the DCP procedures.
- Coordinate shipment logistics from Nigerian origin to across other Africa nations to deliver under the guidance of the Nigerian Law / regulations and in compliance to the DCP rule.
- Liaise with Export Terminal Logistics, Border, and DCP plant personnel to ensure efficient operations.
- Liaise with the banks and government appointed shipment inspection agents on every shipment for appropriate duty payment of shipping charges classification in conformance to the statutory requirement.
- Liaise effectively with government agencies (e. g NAFDAC, Customs, NPA) to secure relevant permits and approvals.
- Ensure appropriate and correct shipping documents are obtained from logistic, freight forwarders, government appointed pre-shipment inspection agents, etc.
- Ensure that all export activities and shipping documentation are transacted and updated.
- Ensure key performance indicators are reported and followed up. Prepare periodic shipping activity reports in line with DCP rules.
- Check Customs tariff positions and interpret government fiscal policies & amendments.
- Ensure adequate record keeping of customs documents, notices, government regulatory documents and documentations of other third parties.
- Ensure timely payment of NESS fees and
- Ensure NESS receipts are forwarded to Inspection agents for the generation of CCIs.
- Follow up with authorities (Customs/ONSA) in case of delays of approvals.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in any related field
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in logistics management
Skills and Behaviours:
- Knowledgeable on INCOTERMS, laws, and regulations applicable to Freight Forwarding and importation
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Sound knowledge of DCP’s product and service offerings.
- Working knowledge of inventory management terminologies, methodologies, and approach
- Basic knowledge of system-based inventory management systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and quality
- Willingness to learn, improve and adapt to changing requirements
- Working knowledge of relevant supporting tools and technologies such as MS Excel, Project Management applications, etc.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies in the Supply Chain and Operational functions will be an added advantage
- Knowledge across all the disciplines of Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply