Job Title: Presenter Job Type: Full Time
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
About the Project
- This framework of Al-Ansar Foundation coincides with the multifaceted development strategy of Borno State Government under the current leadership of His Excellency, Prof. Babagana Umara Zulum, mnl to propagate peace, educate and Inform citizens in order to advance the social, cultural and economic affairs of the State and the nation at large.
- Sequel to the Borno State Government Invitation to individuals, corporate organizations, NGOs as well as other interested parties to partake in the reconstruction and rehabilitation of post-insurgency Borno, the Al-Ansar Foundation, In response to the above clarion call, decided to establish Al-Ansar Radio and TV / Station with the sole aim of creating a peaceful environment and sustainable development through the use of its platform.
- The Presenter is the voice of programs broadcast via radio and the internet.
- She / He job is to entertain and inform an audience by resenting information or entertainment in an accessible and attractive way.
- They will introduce, host, co-host, programs, create links between items and subjects and topics, introduce and interview guests, and interact with the audience via telephone and web.
The presenter is expected to:
- Research topics and background information for items to be featured on programs.
- Plan and rehearses shows.
- Write and sometimes memorize scripts
- Liaise with other members of the production and technical team.
- Introduce and host programs.
- Interview guests in the studio, by telephone or on location
- Read Short news, traffic, sport, or weather reports.
- Provide links between programs.
- Drive the desk and operate some of the technical equipment for recording and playback, using computers to cue up and play music and jingles.
- Keep the program running to schedule, responding positively, and quickly to problems or changes and improvising where necessary.
- Meet with the production crew to assess or review a broadcast, and to plan the next one.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Mass Communication, Political Science, Journalism
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in the broadcast
- Proven ability to develop and deliver news reports and programs on-air and online.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of on-air and online techniques/procedures, protocols, and standards.
- Performance skills and a clear voice
- A personable and confident manner
- Ability to gather, write and edit news
- A broad range of interests, including current affairs
- Good research and Interviewing skills.
- Ability to take initiative and make quick decisions under pressure.
- Awareness of media law.
- Excellent communication skills, active listening, and translation skills ( Englis, Kanuri and Hausa).
Application Closing Date
15th May, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV containing evidence of relevant work experience and qualifications along with a Suitability Letter of not more than two pages indicating the position they wish to apply for and why they should be accepted for the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- The position being applied for should be specified in the email subject line.
- Only applicants that meet the minimum qualifications will be contacted for further screening.
About Al-Ansar Foundation
Al-Ansar Foundation is registered by the Corporate Affairs Commission as a non-governmental organization that is dedicated to empowering youth and women to drive sustainable development through access to quality healthcare, educational scholarships, leadership and peacebuilding training, and providing economic opportunities in business and entrepreneurship.
The Foundation is also committed to propagating Islamic knowledge and cultural integration in society Al-Ansar Foundation believes that Sound Western and Islamic education imbued with the fear of Allah (SWT) is the best instrument for promoting peace in Nigeria arid Sub-Saharan Africa.