the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) – See other INEC jobs
Job Title: Presiding Officer (PO)
Candidates should possess one of the following requirements:
- Must be a serving Corps Member or a former Corps Member (Not earlier than 2018 batch).
- Must be a penultimate student of a Federal / State tertiary institution in Nigeria with a knowledge of IT
- Must be a staff of an MDA with an OND qualification
What should I have before registering?
Before you register on the portal, please ensure you have the following ready:
- A functional email address.
- A functioning mobile phone number.
- A personal bank account number.
- A recent, white background Passport Photograph not larger than 5MB.
- Contact details of two referees such as email address and phone number.
- A valid Staff ID No./StudentID No (as displayed on your ID Card)
- An NYSC Callup Number for former corps members (not earlier than 2018).
- NYSC Callup Number for current corps members, 2022.
- A copy of highest qualification in .pdf format
- A copy of means of identification in .jpg or .jpeg format.
Application Closing Date
8:00 PM: 14th December, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Start Application
If you are yet to create an account or register on this platform, then follow the steps outlined below:
- Review the requirements for the position: You are expected to go through the requirements for the available Election staff position to determine your Eligibility
- Click on “Register” and follow the instructions.
- Create your Password, after creating your password, you are automatically logged into the portal and presented with an application form
- Fill the Application form. Please NOTE: This form is segmented into three (3) sections; (i) Personal Information, (ii) Contact Information and (iii) Bank Details.
- Kindly enter your names as associated with your BVN.
- Ensure you fill in your details correctly. You will not be allowed to edit details once the form is submitted.
- Upload your passport photograph. You are required to upload a recent plain background passport photograph of size not larger than 5MB
- Fill in the details of your referees
- Check the Attestation box. The information provided, will be validated from your institutions/organization/referees
- Submit the application
- Print your acknowledgement slip.
- All submissions are FINAL. Kindly ensure you review your information thoroughly before you click the submit button.
- Deployment would be done based on your selected state of residence.
- The help desk details: Vanity number: 0700-CALL-INEC; Email address: [email protected]
- Phone numbers of Specific officers per state are detailed on the portal.
- A link to the INECPRES is also available at the INEC website www.inecnigeria.org
- All applicants are encouraged to fill the registration forms online – The MOBILE APP (for android phone only) or web portal (using the laptop/PCs) to be eligible for consideration as ad-hoc staff in 2023 General Elections.