Job Title: Private Sector Engagement (PSE) Expert
- There are many known actors in Nigeria’s public and non-governmental or non-profit sectors who are strengthening gender-based violence (GBV) prevention and response, but lesser is known about the interests and efforts of the private sector.
- Banyan Global seeks Nigeria-based experts with significant knowledge of Nigeria’s private sector to conduct a rapid analysis of opportunities for partnerships to address GBV in the sectors of health, education, economic growth and environment, and peace and democratic governance.
- This consultancy supports services delivered to USAID/Nigeria under the Gender Integration Technical Assistance (GITA) II Task Order.
- The consultancy is anticipated to start in February 2023 and be completed by April 2023, estimated at 15 days of effort.
- The Private Sector Engagement (PSE) Expert will analyze the landscape to identify potential private sector partnerships for USAID/Nigeria to support GBV priorities. To do this, the expert will conduct research to identify what private sector entities in Nigeria are interested in this area, outline which entities are currently carrying out GBV-related initiatives, and submit a brief report summarizing USAID opportunities to engage those actors around GBV prevention and response.
The expert will coordinate with USAID/Nigeria and Banyan Global on the following tasks:
- Identify Objectives: Refine objectives and private sector partnership models to guide the study.
- Analyze Stakeholder Landscape: Conduct a desk review and/or survey to identify private sector actors with alignment to the objectives and initially categorize potential partners. Stakeholders may be ‘for-profit’ private companies (primary target) and private foundations (secondary target) (both Nigerian and multinational) that are based in Nigeria.
- Verify and Refine Stakeholder Landscape: Collect additional information via key informant interviews with prioritized stakeholders (ones found through the literature to be actively engaged in gender, GBV, and inclusion-related programming) to verify existing initiatives and potential future collaborations.
- Draft Report and Present Initial Findings: Develop and submit a draft report briefly summarizing findings and recommendations. Present report (powerpoint and Word) to USAID/Nigeria and Banyan Global.
- Finalize Report: Update draft report based on USAID/Nigeria and Banyan Global feedback and submit final copy(Word) and a Powerpoint summary to be used for Mission dissemination.
Banyan Global is seeking a consultant with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 13 years of experience, or Master’s degree with 10 years of experience in areas related to economic growth, enterprise development, finance, business.
- Experience in gender equality, women’s empowerment, GBV prevention and response and/or inclusion programming in international development strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of, or experience working with, the Nigerian private sector.
- Research and/or programming experience with Nigeria’s private sector in the following areas:
- Mitigating and responding to gender-based violence in the world of work
- Corporate social responsibility initiatives, especially those focused on women, youth, and marginalized groups
- Promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in workforce and leadership positions
- Creating mentorship and leadership opportunities for women and marginalized groups in business.
- Strong writing, analytical, and organizational skills including time management.
- Demonstrated experience with the following:
- Experience conducting research such as literature reviews, mixed methods data review and analysis, focus group discussions, and interviews.
- Experience reviewing, synthesizing, and reporting on findings through written materials and presentations.
- Familiarity with GBV-related concepts – such as forms of GBV and harassment, consequences of GBV, GBV mitigation, prevention and response, prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse, do no harm – preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal and intercultural skills that support productively interfacing with USAID staff, local partners, and Government of Nigeria staff.
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, and online communication tools.
- Fluency in English, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with USAID programming preferred.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applicants must submit their application, including their Cover Letter and Resume, through Banyan Global’s career portal. It is highly encouraged that applicants tailor their materials to highlight experiences in the above listed task. Please no phone calls.
- Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Banyan Global is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workforce. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender expression.
- We recognize the importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and intentionally strive for diversity and inclusion at all organizational levels.