Title: Process and Control Improvement Manager | Nigerian Breweries
Type: Full-time / Permanent
Level: Mid-level Management
Nigerian Breweries Plc – As the foremost brewing company in Nigeria, we are proud of our vision to Wow Nigeria with our Great Brands, Passionate People and World Class Performance.
The core activities of the P&CI Manager are to support the business in the following areas:
- Controls Monitoring
- Process & Control Management
- Continuous Process Improvement (CPI)
Additional areas include:
- Risk Management
- Fraud Management
The P&CI Manager needs to maintain effective business relationships with internal and external stakeholders as well as other business partners.
- Working knowledge and understanding in two or more of the following areas: risk management, internal control, process management, fraud management & compliance.
- Experience in the area of internal control, internal/ external audit or process management and improvement.
- Knowledge in assessing process and information flows, performing cost/benefit analyses, tracking results, developing recommendations and implementing changes that benefit business performance.
- Strong documentation, presentation, quantitative, statistical and computer skills, with emphasis on the ability to perform data analytics, sophisticated analysis with spreadsheet and/or database applications.
- University degree with a minimum of Second Class Upper in Economics, Accounting/Finance or Business Administration and possession of Masters Degree is an added advantage. A first degree with 2nd Class Lower degree must have a Masters’ Degree.
- Finance, Accounting, Internal/External audit background, Professional certifications including: – ACA/ACCA/CIMA/RA/RE/CPA/CFE or – CIA/RO.
- Internationally recognized certification in Six Sigma (Yellow/Green/ Black Belt)/ PMP / Prince 2 would be added advantage
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years relevant work experience in a reputable audit firm.
- Experience within internal/external audit of multinational companies, including operational audit, risk management.
- Proven success in influencing management and performing management controls reviews, providing strong effective business oriented recommendations.
- Willingness and ability to travel locally and internationally (up to 50%)
- Knowledge of internal control.
- Creation of Policies and Procedures.
Process & Control Management:
- Ensure business processes and controls are appropriately designed, constructed, implemented and maintained.
- Identify and report process activities that deviate from the global standard or local management approved procedure.
- Identifies improvement opportunities in performing the assigned tasks, through business or technical knowledge, and escalation for immediate action.
- Jointly drive with Local Management the design and documentation of business processes and controls, applying the global process design and management methodology.
- Ensure that controls are fully embedded in the design of processes, including Process Performance Indicator(PPI) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) defined by the Business.
- Ensure PPIs and KPIs are monitored on an ongoing basis to identify any risks or opportunities for improvements(processes & controls). Identify and report any process activities that deviate from the global standard by local management.
- Monitor and test control effectiveness and drive the implementation of remediating actions.
- Support in developing key control framework and execution of internal controls over financial review.
- Ensure that the effectiveness of controls is monitored and/or frequently tested.
- Be responsible for putting the appropriate actions in place (agreed with Management). Track and monitor the progress of remediating activities.
Fraud and Risk Management:
- Provide support to the Head P&CI to lead the process of Risk Identification, Assessment and Response and monitor existing and emerging risks.
- Support in driving the implementation of a comprehensive Risk Management (RM) framework by ensuring relevant risk templates and documentation are used and drive the creation of risk responses.
- Conducting Risk Assessment through running risk workshops with the Business,
- Develop specific action plans to mitigate, accept or transfer risk and monitors progress on an ongoing basis.
- Raise fraud awareness through promoting the ‘Speak-up’ procedures.
- Drive fraud prevention and detection through identifying fraud risks and address them through strong process and control design and testing.
- Support fraud investigation as requested by Local Management, Global Legal Affairs or Global Audit.
- Provide assurance that processes and controls are designed, implemented and operating in line with the relevant policies, procedures and HEINEKEN Rules.
- P&CI is informed about policy changes and assesses the impact on existing control frameworks. Provide advice, support and challenge during the implementation of policies (global & local).
- Register, track and log policies & procedures. This includes the review and challenge of self-assessment activities.
- Plan, lead and execute business process oriented internal control reviews, compliance audits and activities that deliver the P&CI plan to provide the business with comfort in the internal control environment.
- Support and/or lead execution of global audits (inside or outside of the Op Co) Execute process and compliance audit of vendors.
- Prepare reports which include remediation plans etc.
- Define and execute remediation plans (in agreement with Management). Track and monitor the progress of remediating activities.
- Provide support to the Head P&CI to embed a process improvement culture, drive process and control improvement and realize benefits.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement, benchmarking and innovation.
- Build process improvement capabilities through training and people development.
- Challenge existing processes to identify improvement opportunities using benchmarks and external best practices.
- Evaluate the success of the improvement projects and the benefits realized.
- Leadership skill
- Analytical skill
- Expert Report writing & presentation skills
- Adept knowledge of Internal Controls and Governance
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- High collaborative abilities
- Effective Stakeholders Management capabilities
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to speak French will an added advantage
We offer some of the most competitive remuneration packages in our industry and offer performance related increments/bonuses.
- Health benefits
- Transport Allowance
Application Closing Date
16th April, 2021
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply