Title: Procurement and Logistics Officer | Locations: Kogi and Niger | Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF)
Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF) is a regional Non-Governmental Organization in Abuja for youth growth, development and empowerment, with a mission of building an African society through constructive engagement with stakeholders expand opportunities for self-development and realization among the youth.
- Responsible for monitoring stock levels and overseeing the movement of incoming and outgoing goods.
- Ensure timely preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual project procurement plans and monitor implementation;
- Ensure full compliance of procurement activities with AYGF organisation policies and donor rules and regulations;
- Assist the Finance Manager with establishing internal control systems;
- Set up procurement processes, monitoring systems and mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in procurement;
- Review and verify all purchase orders for goods and contract services;
- Maintain and update all procurement files and transaction matrices;
- Identify logistical bottlenecks and propose ways to fill in gaps;
- Direct and supervise stockroom management practices to ensure no overstocking and losses;
- Monitor and track project asset inventories;
- Plan, organise and lead the bid solicitation processes including drafting and issuing Requests for Quotes, developing bid evaluation criteria and guiding clients on processes.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Administration, Procurement or an equivalent training and experience;
- 5 years+ years of experience in managing diverse procurement and logistics operations preferably in an NGO environment;
Skills / Competencies:
- Knowledge of local markets and vendors;
- Strong personal, supervisory and time management skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills;
- Excellent level of computer literacy.
Application Closing Date
29th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying motivation for the application and addressed to “The Human Resource Manager, Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF)”, via: [email protected] Indicating position and location applied on the subject line.
- This position is open only to applicants residing in Kogi and Niger States of Nigeria and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AYGF is an equal opportunity employer; women and people with disability are encouraged to apply.