Job Title: Procurement Assistant | Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno | International Rescue Committee (IRC)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home
The Procurement Assistant is a key position within Supply Chain and carries responsibility for the integrity of the IRC’s procurement system. Procurement Assistant must be able to rapidly procure Program supplies, services, and equipment, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records. This individual will be responsible for pro-active sourcing, team supporting, supplier reference checking, updating procurement trackers & supplier data base along with material category price list, S/he will also help the staff in finalizing the planned MSA/MPA’s in a timely manner by supporting in the site visits procedure & documentation preparation
- Updating supplier data base & Material category price list
- Creating Payment requests files and submit to finance
- Carryout all documents photocopying, scanning, archiving procurement files &reception of goods
- Proper filing of all procurement documents
- Follow-up internally between SC department and Finance department on procurement related transactions.
- Following the guidance of the procurement staff, to ensure that all fields’ goods, to be dispatched along with all the needed documentation (Waybills…).
- Sending request for feedback regarding suppliers’ performance & update supplier files accordingly
- Participate in MSA/MPA procedure where staff is needed.
- Send Request for quotation for Market Survey, Proposals or Procurement of desired Goods and Services
- Preparing Payment requests for delivered Goods or services.
- Ensuring that all Supplies, services, and equipment’s required are delivered in time.
- Establishment and maintenance of ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers
- Any other duties or tasked delegated by Supply Chain Officer or Supply Chain manager
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Supply Chain Officer
- Position directly supervises: NA
- Indirect Reporting: Supply Chain Assistant
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: All staff
- External: This position will require close collaboration with IRC Staff, suppliers & other networks, etc.
- Undergraduate or Bachelor University Degree, preferably in management, administration or related fields
- Work Experience: 0-2 years
- Language Skills: Excellent in English.
- Maintain attention to detail and coordinate multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Sense of humor
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
- Good knowledge and use of Microsoft excel.
- A good command of English language.
Working Environment:Staff will be based in Maiduguri office.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Working Environment: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply