Location: Abuja | Idmibok International | Title: Procurement Officer
Idmibok International, also known as 360 HSDC is a health community-based organization registered in Nigeria, that works in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical health, institutional and development related issues. 360 HSDC achieves this by collaborating with global and local development and private entities, such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, nongovernmental organizations and the private sector. The organization has a multifaceted team of experts with proficiency and experience in emergency environments, humanitarian activities and development in diverse environments and ecosystems, globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
- The Procurement Officer will oversee purchases and develop new contracts.
- He/She will play a key role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for the organization by following procurement procedures, maintaining an updated list of current and incoming inventory, and be responsible for approving purchases.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options
- Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services, and supplies
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts
- Ensure that the products and supplies are high quality
- Maintain and update a list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development
- Ensure all purchasing dossiers are complete and properly filled before archiving;
- Make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Work with team members and line manager to complete duties as needed
- Monitor deliveries to the department/bases/programs
- Will also work with state staff for all state procurement and administration conducted or supported in Abuja
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Social or Management Sciences, MasterТs degree preferred.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a procurement officer or related position
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Ability to work effectively and sensitively with staff in other locations
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Good verbal and written communications skills and ability to draft and deliver timely quality evaluation reports.
- Fluency in English required; Fluency in any local language in the project state will be an advantage.
Application Closing Date
18th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] with Title as the subject, E.g “Procurement Officer”.