Title: Procurement Officer (Furniture Manufacturing) | Location: Ilupeju, Lagos | Type: Full-time | IO Furniture Limited
Reporting Line: General Manager (Operations)
- To oversee purchases and develop new contracts
- To procure high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for the organization.
- To follow procurement procedures, maintain an updated list of inventory and incoming purchases and supplies
- Monitor business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Nurture relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for company
- Identify and research potential new suppliers.
Core Working Relationships:
- Store Team
- Technical Team
- Production Team
- Finance Team.
- Responsible to source, negotiate and purchase materials from both local and foreign vendors
- Maintain accurate records of purchases and pricing
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Making professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply and price options
- Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services and supplies
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts
- Ensure products and supplies are durable and of high quality
- Create and maintain inventory of all incoming and current supplies
- Maintain and update list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times and potential future development
- Evaluate supplier performance based on quality standards, delivery time & best prices and ensure all the criteria are met according to the organizational requirements and expectation
- Implementing internal procurement strategies to cater to high delivery and short lead time requirements
- Working with team members and Head of Procurement to complete duties as needed.
Education & Experience
- First Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or a related field.
- Experience with ERP systems; Microsoft Navision experience is a plus
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy and systems
- Two (2) years previous experience as a procurement officer in a furniture manufacturing company.
Key Job Attributes:
- Analytical and quantitative decision-making skill
- Oral and written communication skills
- Problem-solving and Creativity
- Ability to Multitask
- Ability to work with a team
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proactivity and Innovation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Sound knowledge of the Company’s products and services
- Expert knowledge of the Microsoft Packages
- Ability to negotiate, establish and administer contracts.
Application Closing Date
27th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Title as the subject of the email.