Job Location: Lagos
Our client, a leading award-winning social enterprise in Nigeria engaged in the up-cycling of invasive aquatic weeds and agricultural residues – transforming durable natural resources into affordable eco-friendly products, Seek to engage a highly professional Individual for the position of a Production Supervisor .
- Accomplishes workshop team results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; following reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation amongst workshop team members.
- Ensures production orders are fulfilled On-Time, In-Full, Right Product and Undamaged.
- Liaise with the Safety Coordinator to conduct fortnightly safety meetings with the workshop team.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Liaises with Operations Lead to develop operations and maintenance protocols; trains artisans and operators to set-up, run and maintain equipment for greatest efficiency
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques. Subject to the approval of the Creative Director.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Liaises with Operations Lead to improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning staffing, materials flow, space requirements, and equipment layout
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- At least one year’s experience as a Production Supervisor
- Knowledge of local content material manufacturing techniques
- Project management skills and experience managing multi skilled workers
- Action-oriented; driven to meet or beat milestones and deadlines
- Must be Computer literate and smartphone savvey
- Position will be based in Lagos
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes
- Must be able to lift and carry 30 pounds
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation which permits employee to conduct analysis and investigations
Deadline: Not Specified