Job Title: Program Associate | Nourishing Africa | Location: Nigeria
Nourishing Africa is a Home for Agri-Food Entrepreneurs Transforming Africa’s Agricultural Landscape. By 2050, 2.4 Billion people will live on the African Continent. At the very minimum, if they spend $1 a day on food, this represents an $876 billion annual market. If they spend $10, this represents an $8.76 trillion annual market. Whether you are an optimist or a pessimist about the future of the African Continent, you can agree that the future of the food and agriculture landscape holds significant potential, not just because of the size of the market, but also because of the Continent is naturally endowed for agricultural excellence.
- As a Program Associate, you will support knowledge and capacity development initiatives for agriSMEs, manage and deploy knowledge resources, and provide program implementation support on agriSME-focused projects.
In this role, you will be required to fulfill the following primary responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Management to develop, execute and evaluate relevant programs
- Collect data from primary or secondary data sources
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative data analysis and generate reports for Nourishing Africa programs and associated activities
- Engage in gathering and analyzing information, developing proposals, preparing reports, and developing strategic recommendations for growth.
- Present research findings and implement solutions in collaboration with the team and other relevant stakeholders.
- Participate in planning and implementation of Nourishing Africa events, training and capacity-building programs.
- Curate relevant, high-value content for the Nourishing Africa resource hub
- Manage and maintain the integrity of the Nourishing Africa resource hub and online learning management system by ensuring data is relevant, complete, accessible, updated, and accurate.
- Carry out other responsibilities assigned by Supervisor.
Qualifications / Desired Skills
We are looking for candidates who are self-motivated, committed to excellence and with a passion for the agriculture sector. Below are key qualifications that we require:
- Minimum of an Undergraduate Degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration or other relevant fields.
- Have a minimum of two years of professional, private sector experience in a related field.
- Ability to initiate, effectively and independently interact with multiple stakeholders.
- Passion and demonstrable experiences in imparting knowledge and capacity building.
- Outstanding analytical and research skills, including primary and secondary research.
- Strong competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and research tools.
- Strong commitment to enhancing performance and creating added benefits for stakeholders.
- Strong and effective verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ethical, self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Excellent self-management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in French is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only eligible candidates will be contacted.