Job Title: Program Driver
Locations: Bauchi, Jigawa and Kano
- The Program Driver is responsible for providing safe driving services to the organization, carrying staff to and from different work locations, and ensuring that program vehicles are maintained in good working condition.
- The Program Driver shall provide a variety of transportation support to the project.
- Transport GGHN staff / donors / stakeholders and consultants to designated approved locations.
- Ensure adequate safety, cleanliness, security, and maintenance of the project vehicle assigned.
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and necessary spare parts.
- Route planning and requirements by studying schedule or ad-hoc requests by the office.
- Ensure passengers adhere to all road safety regulations.
- Facilitate the mobilization of program activities.
- Fulfill special requests by picking up and delivering items as directed.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in vehicle maintenance and driving.
- Work experience in an NGO setup will be an added advantage
- Any relevant certification in driving/clerical services will be an added advantage.
- Valid Class B driver’s license.
- Demonstrate wide knowledge of the road network in Bauchi, Jigawa, and Kano States
- Confirmed and demonstrated successful experience in a similar role
- Good knowledge of grammar, composition, spelling, and punctuation.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship with both internal and external clients
- Proficiency computer programs
- Ability to speak good English and Hausa Languages is an added advantage.
- Good planning and organizational abilities
- Good supervisory and listening abilities
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Ability to multi-task.
- Good analytical abilities.
- Good time management skills.
- Maintains the image of the organization by example and utmost professionalism.
- Show courtesy and be respectful toward individuals, colleagues, superiors, and visitors.
- Be dynamic, patient, and a good timekeeper
- Ability to listen and pay attention to details.
- Good team player.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.