Job Title: Program Intern
Requisition No: VN303
Employment Type: Internship
- The MOMENTUM Safe Surgery in Family Planning and Obstetrics is a five-year USAID-funded program initiated in September 2020 and active through September 2025. Through a consortium of partners led by Engender Health, this project expands awareness of, equitable access to, and appropriate use of quality, voluntary surgical maternal health (MH) and family planning (FP) services that are essential to reducing maternal and newborn mortality and morbidity and promoting reproductive health (RH).
- MOMENTUM Safe surgery in Family Planning and Obstetrics focuses on surgical obstetric care, including safe and indicated cesarean delivery (CD) and peripartum hysterectomy; prevention and treatment of obstetric and iatrogenic fistula; and voluntary long-acting reversible contraceptives and permanent methods (LARCs/PMs).
- In Nigeria, MOMENTUM Safe surgery in Family Planning and Obstetrics builds on EngenderHealth’s recent history of successful program implementation with government and civil society partners through the USAID Fistula Care Plus project.
- EngenderHealth is seeking expressions of interest from highly qualified candidates to fill in the Program Intern position. This position is open to Nigerian nationals only.
- Support the project management and technical work which includes the development of work plans, stakeholder engagement, proposal development, documentation, monitoring, research, and other project implementation activities.
Under the direct supervision of the Country Representative, the intern is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Support project coordination and monitor implementation.
- Prepare draft activity and monthly project reports and contribute to the quarterly narrative reports.
- Participate in project research processes.
- Support and ensure a cordial working relationship with the relevant stakeholders.
- Provide support to country office programs
- Support the development of work plans, budgets, and reports.
- Support proposal development and business engagements.
- Assume any other responsibility as assigned by the Country Representative.
- Support to ensure that all finance policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Participate in budget preparation, so forecasts and spending are in line with plans.
- Ensure to use of procedures and relevant protocols that are necessary for carrying out the project activities.
- Support the timely and appropriate use of all procurement and logistics infrastructure for the effective implementation of project activities.
- Perform other related tasks as required and be responsible for reporting and communicating of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task.
- University Education and less than 2 years post NYSC working experience in social development, health-related, international relations any other relevant course.
- A history of productive involvement with local partners, including government, traditional leadership, and civil society.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, collaboration experience, creativity, and willingness to innovate.
- Experience drafting project reporting and monitoring project progress.
- Good written and spoken English language skills.
Preferred Skills, Abilities, and Functions:
- Proven capacity to direct, develop, manage and inspire a multidisciplinary and professional team in the field office.
- Intimate knowledge, understanding, and experience of the Ministry of Health and PORALG structures and health systems in Tanzania.
- Ability to prioritize amongst competing demands and working with minimal supervision and organizing in a strict deadline environment
- Be prepared to travel in support of project activities
- Fluency in Swahili and English language is required
- Ability to travel approximately 30% of his/her time to supervise and support field activities.
Essential Soft Skills:
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent ability to communicate and maintain diplomatic and productive relations with the team; resourcefulness, flexibility, and ability to work in a changing and challenging environment.
- Internet proficiency, as well as proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within the team and with stakeholders,
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behavior.
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Strong commitment to continuous learning.
- Flexible with a ‘can-do’ and problem-solving approach.
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity.
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organisational development.
EngenderHealth does not pay salaries to interns. However, a stipend will be provided to the successful candidate to assist with meals and transport costs.
Application Closing Date
7th December, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.