Job Title: Program Manager II – Windows and Devices | Microsoft Corporation | Job Number: 1135937
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Travel: 0-25 %
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment Type: Full-Time
- We are building the future of human-computer interaction at the scale of Windows. If you want to help build the most used software experiences in Windows and refine them so that the next generation of Windows devices unlock the creative and productive potential of customers, come talk to us!
- The Windows Core Experiences team builds the core interaction experiences in Windows – these range from iconic UI like Start & Taskbar to the touch, voice, and pen+ink interaction models. We’re looking for a data-driven & customer-obsessed PM with a history of delivering great end-to-end experiences, and a passion for innovation in human-computer interaction. Join our team and help define and deliver the next generation of Windows and the future of how humans experience computing.
- The Windows team has offices in the US, Japan, India, and Kenya, and is part of the Experiences & Devices group within Microsoft. Update to our mission: Our mission is bold: to help people achieve more through people and knowledge and we are looking for colleagues who will help make the mission a reality. We build Search experiences that are prominent in Microsoft 365 products including SharePoint, Outlook, Teams and Office.
- As part of the team, you will be working on parts of the Windows UX, conducting user research to understand users’ needs and test whether your solutions fulfill those needs.
- You will then use that data along with telemetry-sourced insights to partner with our Design and Engineering teams to define, refine and deliver a world-class experience.
- To achieve our goals at the scale of Windows, you will collaborate and partner with teams across Microsoft to build support for proposed solution. The ability to manage relationships across the company, build convincing data-backed business cases, and drive processes for transparency & accountability across teams will all be important to success in this role.
- We are looking for someone who will work with design, research, and developers to envision how people will interact with Windows devices in the future.
- A willingness to dive deep into market and user data to inform investments and prioritization is essential.
- The ideal candidate must have strong customer empathy and UX skills, and a proactive attitude towards diving into a problem space, identifying and articulating user and business needs, and generating solutions.
- We need someone with a proven ability to deal with ambiguity and drive for clarity, as well as refined story-telling skills to bring innovative ideas to life when sharing vision for prototyped features.
- B.A / B.Sc Degree in Computer Science or related technical equivalent and 3+ years of program/product management experience
- Passion for delivering customer-obsessed user experiences.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following skills:
- Planning and execution: Leverage understanding of engineering rhythm so the team operates at a high level, knowledge is shared appropriately, and the right partners are involved in the decision-making. Proven ability to plan, organize, and manage complex technical products.
- Communication: Able to conduct insightful, multi-faceted conversations with senior product and technical decision-makers across Microsoft. Conceptualize complex ideas quickly and convey those thoughts to others in a clear, effective, and motivating manner.
- Collaboration: Experienced collaborator able to work effectively across broad teams and influence stakeholders of all levels and of all disciplines across Microsoft.
- Judgment: Excellent product and technical judgment. Consistently demonstrating maturity and intellectual curiosity, helping the team pursue the best ideas.
- Experience doing ground-up user research and talking to customers about their needs, in addition to testing whether solutions effectively fulfill those needs
- Demonstrated success with open-ended projects, creating plans for approaching new problems, responding to feedback, and driving the team through an iterative process for innovation
- Demonstrated success driving strategic partner engagements and delivering on complex projects
- Experience with UX platform-level code that enables a coherent experience across the OS and Apps.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply