Job Title: Program Manager (Research) | Location: Abuja | Reboot
Job Type: Full Time
Reboot is a social impact firm dedicated to inclusive development and accountable governance. We help governments, foundations, and international organizations achieve their missions.
- Reboot is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable, program manager with extensive research expertise
- You will lead the development of research proposals and provide technical guidance and support to ongoing and potential future projects.
- As Program Manager (Research), you have a strong ability to transfer your knowledge of existing qualitative research methods to other programs team members. You are expected to be comfortable teaching others on best practices and approaches and be a hands-on contributor during research processes.
- Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this position is a full-time remote position working with the Africa office in Abuja, with the expectation of up to 50% travel to project locations. Candidates based in Africa are preferred.
- Candidates from the following locations are encouraged to apply: Dakar, Senegal, Nairobi, Kenya, or Nigeria.
- Manage the design, execution, documentation, and presentation of Reboot’s research projects from start to finish.
- Manage project staff and consultants, ensuring their timely and effective inputs.
- Train and manage Reboot’s research teams, which may include subject matter experts without formal research backgrounds as well as field teams, in research and synthesis methods.
- Help new clients and partners understand Reboot’s design research approach, and lead discussions on project scope, methodology, and outputs. Plan and execute partner workshops. Lead partner presentations as appropriate.
- Collaborate with team members, clients, partners, and users to turn research insights into design solutions.
- Contribute to process innovation within Reboot to improve our organizational agility, efficiency, and impact.
- Contribute to Reboot’s internal learning and external communications and advocacy by creating content (including articles and blog posts), representing Reboot at events, sharing articles for discussion, and contributing to Reboot’s online presence.
Candidates meeting the following qualifications will be considered:
- 7 – 10 years of experience working with both qualitative and quantitative methods in an integrated way. Understanding of diverse research instruments, approaches, and study designs, and can explain the trade-offs of each to a lay audience.
- An Advanced Degree in a relevant field (e.g. Anthropology, Sociology, Design, Economics) or an equivalent portfolio of fieldwork and publications.
- Experience managing research studies in multiple countries, ideally for both public interest institutions (governments, NGOs, think tanks) and private sector organizations.
- Extensive experience in all stages of the research process, and capable of leading other team members, including non-researchers, into territory unfamiliar to them.
- Must be a superb writer with the ability to write research proposals; synthesizing information and presenting complex ideas to diverse audiences publicly is required for this role.
- Extensive people management experience, including recruiting, training, and day-to-day management of researchers and project team members, in diverse international environments.
- Fluency in key topics and recent trends in at least one of the following areas: public policy, international development, and/or governance.
- Specialization within these areas, particularly in open government, media development, or civic technology in Africa is a significant plus.
- Demonstrated experience translating research insights into actionable strategies and program designs.
- Familiar with translating research into robust design tools, including user personas, user journeys, experience maps, and ecosystem maps is a plus.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints. Can multitask with ease, manage ambiguity, and adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required and at least one other language widely spoken in Africa is strongly preferred.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply