Job Title: Programme Associate – SDGs and INFF Project | United Nations Development Programme (HQ)| Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
UNDP is the development arm of the United Nations with the new integrator role relating to SDGs. UNDP advocates for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. UNDP Nigeria plays a key role in supporting the Government of Nigeria and her people in addressing development challenges, through policy advocacy, capacity building and strengthening and building institutions that promote inclusive sustainable development and democratic governance.
Achieving SDGs by all member States including Nigeria is a key development priority for UNDP and hence our focus on supporting Nigeria to achieve the development goals by 2030.
UNDP Nigeria, through its Strategic Policy and Inclusive Economic Growth unit, has embarked on several initiatives that supports this process. Two key components of these initiatives are (i) SDG Impact and (ii) Integrated Financing for SDGs. The basic objective of the SDG Impact initiative is to identify and generate data on SDG-enabling investments to redirect capital flows towards the achievement of the SDGs.
A key aspect of this would be to convene networks of investors, policymakers and development partners to catalyse local solutions for impact. Meanwhile, the Integrated National Financing Framework (INFF) intends to support the implementation of nationally owned sustainable development financing strategies.
As the first step to roll-out the INFF process in Nigeria, UNDP will support the roll-out of a Development Finance Assessment (DFA) process to provide up to date overview of the current financing landscape in Nigeria. This will also aim at identifying opportunities to mobilize additional sources of finance as well as using existing financial resources more efficiently towards the SDG achievement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the implementation of activities relating to Integrated National Financing Frameworks including Development Finance Assessment.
- Coordination of work with the Government and other stakeholders on INFF
- Conduct stakeholder consultations with governmental agencies, development agencies, the private sector, etc.
- Conduct research, identify and analyse data to support the implementation of projects
- Assist in hiring consultants including preparation of ToRs, related administrative tasks
- Gathering all relevant documentation for review by consultants
- Support the arrangement of stakeholder meetings and reporting outcomes
- Assist with the compilation of briefs, analysis and presentation of activity information for preparation of reports.
- Researches, analyses, verifies, and synthesizes data and information in support of preparing reports pertaining to the initiatives.
- Provide support and input in conducting meetings, recording of minutes and report writing.
- Communication with partners and stakeholders to ensure timely organization and facilitation of activities relating to activity implementation.
- Support the unit in the implementation of the SDG related initiatives.
- Carry out any other related units’ duties as may be assigned by Economic Advisor.
Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Ability to persuade others to follow.
Ability to improve performance and satisfaction.
Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform.
Ability to get things done
Results-Based Programme Development and Management
Contributing to results through provision of information
- Provides information for linkages across programme activities to help identify critical points of integration;
- Provides information and documentation on specific stages of projects/programme implementation;
- Participates in the formulation of project proposals. Level 2: Execute & Learn (Perform defined tasks)
Building Strategic Partnerships
Maintaining information and databases
Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives.
Must demonstrate personal initiative as well as the ability to work well in a team.
Excellent communication skills
Ability to have extensive interaction with government officials, organization leaders, staff members and the public .
Demonstrated ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams, in complex organizations and ability to deliver.
Ability to efficiently handle and share information and knowledge.
Required Skills and Experience
First Degree in Social Sciences, or any related courses.
A Master’s Degree in development will be an added advantage.
- Four years’ experience in Development Work
- Knowledge of SDGs issues at both national and sub-national government
- Demonstrated working experience with government institutions in Nigeria.
- Experience in liaising with private sector stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of national development needs, and economic/political priorities.
- Computer literacy skills
- Partnership skills
Good written and oral communication skills in English
Knowledge of at least one Nigerian language.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply