Job: Programme Officer | Sahara Group (Foundation) | Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Sahara Group is a leading privately owned Power, Energy, Gas and Infrastructure Conglomerate established in 1996 with operating companies active in the downstream, midstream, upstream, infrastructure and power sectors. Sahara has presence in different locations including Africa, The Caribbean, Asia and Europe.
- To facilitate the implementation of identified Personal & Corporate Social Responsibility (PCSR) initiatives within and outside Nigeria while working with staff, partners, National Governments and other local national agencies, business neighbors and stakeholders towards achieving Sahara Groups overall PCSR objectives.
- Manage and provide content for Sahara Foundation’s Extrapreneurship platform- the SaharaHub
- Day-to-day coordination of the activities of Sahara Hub in the actualization of its set objectives
- Creating and managing virtual youth engagement programmes
- Develop partnerships that will drive sustainability of the Extrapreneurship platform
- Provide support to the Private Sector Advisory Group (PSAG) secretariat and manage expectations from cross-sectoral partners.
- Provide regular updates on activities of the to Line Manager and ensure these activities are in line with the expectations of the Global PSAG
- Engage local communities to determine needs, develop strategies and initiate programs which would answer these needs, in connection with the company’s strategies and Business Plan.
- Facilitate the process of impact assessment of programs on recipients
- Promote company-wide awareness of Sahara Group PCSR strategies and initiatives
- Day-to-day coordination of existing PCSR projects ensuring alignment with the SDGs.
- Initiate and coordinate Partnership Relations with business neighbors
- Provide business support to the Line Manager.
- B.Sc degree in an appropriate relevant course.
- 3-4 years of cognate work experience with a large organization, relating with people of diverse cultures.
- Experience in managing digital hubs, social media platforms and online content.
- Experience in Corporate Social Responsibility Advisory.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of the Corporate Social Responsibility agenda.
- Knowledge of computer applications including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Investigative and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize workloads.
- Project management skills, including the ability to coordinate the work of others.
- Candidate must be hardworking, dedicated, highly analytical and creative
- Candidate must be resourceful with good interpersonal skills to relate with people across different social strata.
- Candidate must possess the ability to adapt to different types of environment
- Executive Director
- Company MD’s, Unit Heads & Finance Managers
- Host Community Representative & Implementing Partners
- Contemporaries in other Private Sector Organizations
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply