Location: Agbara Factory, Lagos
Company: Nestlé Nigeria
Position Type: Full-time
Minimum Educational Qualification: Higher National Diploma or Bachelor’s degree
Minimum Relevant Work Experience: 1 – 2 years relevant experience
Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest Food and Beverage company in the world. At our very core, we are a human company driven by our purpose to enhance the quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
Nestlé Nigeria is currently looking for a Project Draftsman who is responsible for the production of various project drawings (Spare Parts, Factory and Plant Layouts, etcetera) and assisting in updating records of project-related documents.A day in the life of…
- Ensuring that you exhibit an attitude of absolute intolerance and zero compromise for unsafe situations, never implementing changes (whether directly instructed to, or under your own initiative) without first questioning its impact in relation to product safety/quality, people safety and environment.
- Reading and interpreting drawings for construction purposes.
- Drawing and designing of mechanical and electrical parts.
- Liaising with external Contractors (Architects and Structural Engineers) in relation to project drawings.
- Ensuring conformity of drawings to hygienic engineering and design principles during construction and installation phase(s).
- Drawing of industrial services (piping and instrumentation diagrams).
- Conversion and amendment of old drawings to electronic forms.
- Implementing component drawings/ layouts as directed by Engineers.
- Keeping drawing files in safe custody and ensuring regular backups on external storage devices.
- Keeping proper inventory of drawing numbers and revisions.
- Reviewing risk assessment on high hazard tasks and issuing permits to work for task execution.
- Supervising contractors on site during construction and installation phase(s).
- Carrying out other assignments as directed by the Project Manager.
What will make you successful
- Higher National Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering or their equivalent; with a minimum of a Second Class Lower class of degree.
- 1-2 years experience in a Computer-Aided Design operator role.
- In-depth knowledge of technical/engineering drawings.
- Extensive expertise in 3D design technology/software.
- Strong technical background with excellent technical reporting skills.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD and SAP.
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating individual with strong interpersonal and good organizational skills.
- Commitment to strong work ethics including integrity, honesty, safety, compliance and quality.
- Openness and curiosity for dynamic and future trends in technology, new business ideas and opportunities.
- Continuous Improvement and “Can-Do” mindset – Willingness to accept change and the ability to manage it.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Aptness to learning.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Apply by clicking on the “apply” button, follow the steps and attach a copy of your CV. The closing date for application is April 7, 2020. We would be considering applicants as they apply, so please do not delay in submitting your application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted or given feedback.
Deadline: Not Specified
About Nestle Nigeria
Nestlé Nigeria PLC is one of the largest food and beverage companies in Africa. For over 57 years, Nestlé has been delighting consumers in Nigeria with high quality nutritious food products.
With a staff strength of over 2,300 direct employees, 3 manufacturing sites, 8 branch offices and a head office located in Lagos, the company produces and markets several iconic brands including Maggi, Milo, Golden Morn, Nescafé and Nestlé Pure Life.
Nestle’s purpose is enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. The company contributes to society while ensuring the long-term success of its business.
Every day, we touch millions of lives across our business, from the farmer who produces the grains to the family who enjoys the nutritious food in their home.