Title: Project Driver | Locations: Abuja (FCT) , Bauchi, Ebonyi and Sokoto | Banyan Global
Slots: 4 Openings
- Banyan Global is a woman-owned small business and international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC and has program operations and activities in over 15 countries around the world. Banyan Global operates within six practice areas: gender, youth, finance and investment, enterprise development, health, and evaluation and learning.
- Banyan Global is the prime recipient of the Nigeria Health Workforce Management (HWM) Activity in Nigeria. It is a five-year task order to support the establishment of a cost-effective, well trained, and motivated health workforce, particularly in targeted rural and remote areas of Bauchi, Sokoto, Kebbi, Ebonyi States and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). By its conclusion, the task order is expected to increase the production of new health workers competent to respond to current and future population health needs in these locations by 100,000; improve the distribution and skill mix of front-line workers to meet specific local demands; and strengthen the capacity of pre- service institutions to adopt and apply innovative education approaches. Targeted interventions will contribute to:
- Improved management of maternal, child, and newborn health conditions and
- Increased responsiveness to community health needs. USAID will support the Government of Nigeria’s (GON) commitment to plan, recruit, train, manage, and retain its primary healthcare (PHC) workforce as the country advances on its journey to self- reliance.
- This activity will contribute to the achievement of Development Objective 2 of Nigeria’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) “a healthier, more educated population in targeted states,” and Intermediate Result (IR) 2.1 “Utilization of quality health services in targeted areas and population groups increased.
- Banyan Global is recruiting four (4) drivers. A Driver will be based in Abuja, Ebonyi, Bauchi and Sokoto and will report to the State HRH coordinators/Finance and Admin Officer. Each driver shall provide a variety of transportation support to the project. He/She will also work with the team to ensure that the project activities are efficiently and effectively conducted.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Transport staff, consultants, and approved individuals to designated approved locations
- Ensure adequate safety, cleanliness, security, and maintenance of the project vehicle assigned
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc
- Ensure availability of all the required documents / supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and necessary spare parts
- Plan route and requirements by studying schedule or ad-hoc request by the office
- Ensure passengers adhere to all road safety regulations
- Fulfill special request by picking up and delivering items as directed and running errands
- Performs any other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- Secondary school leaving certificates, apprentice certificate or any other equivalent certificates with a minimum of 1 year experience
- Must have a trade test certificate and a valid driving license
- Must have expert knowledge of driving rules and regulations
- Experience as a driver mechanic will be an added advantage
- Experience with large complex organization preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Matured and willing to work at odd hours
- Good written, oral, interpersonal and organization skills
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
Application Closing Date
4th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current CV listing all work experience and qualifications and a Cover Letter to: [email protected]
- Please reference the title and location on the subject line, your Cover Letter and resume / CV.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.