Job Title: Project Manager | Smart Partners Consulting Limited
Location: Lagos | Job Type: Full Time
Smart Partners Consulting Limited – Our client, a leading professional in providing innovative building solutions for customers and creating comfortable, sustainable and affordable homes.
- The Project Manager will manage and administer the delivery of modular/prefabricated projects, managing the client, consultants, contractors, and other project stakeholders.
- You will develop the project plan and manage the day-to-day running of the project, ensuring that all activity is progressing to the plan and is also carried out to the required Health & Safety standards.
- You will help troubleshoot any design or construction problems and provide feedback to relevant project stakeholders to quickly resolve any issues.
- You will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of the project from inception to completion and will work with the project planner to ensure that the project plan created and regularly updated and any changes communicated to all the project stakeholders.
- Schedule construction projects, and oversee production from the conception phase to the construction phase, coordinating deadlines to ensure that projects are completed within the proposed time frame.
- Evaluate project costs and prepare a budget. When necessary, find solutions to reduce budgets, such as using alternative building materials.
- Supporting and supervising staff in day-to-day management, and give directions as necessary.
Attend Construction Meetings:
- Communicate with staff, supervisors, and other stakeholders involved with the project. Contribute to meetings and discuss budgets, plans, and goals.
- Negotiate contracts. When unexpected changes occur, negotiate change orders with the project sponsor, consultants and contractors.
Skills and Experience
As the job involves extensive planning and scheduling, Project managers need to be highly organized and proactive with strong leadership abilities. The following are the essential skills and qualifications:
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Building & Construction and other related fields
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience working in similar role handling and managing projects.
- Sound technical understanding of the design and construction process. knowledge of building codes, trade sequencing, and best building practices help with problem-solving and dealing with complex, detailed projects.
- Communication skills to coordinate and work with a variety of different people such as contractors, subcontractors, city inspectors, architects, and suppliers.
- Strong judgment to make major decisions for construction projects, understanding the implications of their choices.
- Budgeting experience in cost estimating, cost control, and cost analysis to manage project costs and control budgets, ensuring that the project does not go over the proposed costs.
- Project controls to evaluate data to determine the needs of a project, understanding the scope of a project, assessing risks, assigning tasks, and planning for presentation.
Extensive Knowledge of:
- Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Project Management Software (Primavera, Microsoft Project and other similar software).
Application Closing Date
30th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should kindly send an updated CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.