Project Team Leader
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Location: Michika, Adamawa, Nigeria details Contract
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
DRC has been operating in the West Africa region for over 15 years, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Guinea, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Nigeria and a Regional Office (RO) in Abidjan. DRC has 17 offices and more than 500 staff members across the WA region.
DRC started operating in Nigeria in 2015 where plans to run a combination of emergency, livelihood, WASH, protection and advocacy programmes has been set. DRC currently has offices in Abuja, Yola, Mubi, Maiduguri and Yobe, besides 50 staff members subject to an increase in the near future.
DRC is seeking the services of a committed and competent Project Team Leader – COVID 19 Response to join the Adamawa Team. Interested persons will be reporting to the Project Manager – COVID 19. The Project Team Leader primary function is to support the Project manager in planning and delivery of OFDA funded COVID19 response project; ensuring planning, quality of the implementation and follow up of IPC and COVID19 related PSS activities being implemented by DRC.
The main duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
General Programming & Operations
- Develop work plans and ensure timely and efficient delivery of all aspect of the project
- Maintain adequate project records to facilitate timely and quality reporting
- Coordinate with the MEAL team to conduct assessments and post monitoring activities
- Incorporate learnings to improve project deliveries
- Support field teams to build strong community networks that would facilitate every aspect of the project
- Support the project manager to compile donors and other types of reports
Coordination and representation
- Collaborate with relevant Internal and External health technical experts on issues related to IPC and COVID19 related PSS.
- Represent DRC at IPC meetings and other relevant technical coordination meetings.
- Ensure integration of IPC activities with other DRC sectors.
- Coordinate with WASH, Shelter and Protection counterparts in other locations in the implementation of common funded projects.
- Ensure good representation and reputation of DRC at all levels.
- Actively participate in an internal coordination meeting
- Ensure and actively participate in regular sector meetings.
- Supervise IPC and COVID19 PSS staff.
- Provide technical and programmatic leadership for the community-based mechanisms in operational areas as needed.
- Conduct regular field visits or as required to ensure IPC and PSS tasks are going on as planned and mentoring – through technical backstopping and training of duty bearers.
Logistics / Finance
- Initiate procurements and ensure their execution.
- Ensure distribution plans are prepared and shared with logistics in a timely manner.
- Monitor and report health partners and DRC rational use of PPEs and other supplies
To be successful in this role, the candidate is expected to be honest, strongly motivated and display a high standard of integrity in humanitarian work, disciplined and team-oriented
- At least 3 years’ experience in an NGO setting.
- Ability to plan and execute in a timely and quality manner
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Sound judgment and the ability to work effectively with others at all levels
- Strong assessment, evaluation, analysis and strategic planning skills
- IT literate, MS – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Interpersonal communication and proven written / presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage under stressful conditions
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environment Health Science, Biological Sciences, Public health or Nursing degrees from a recognized institution
- Possession of a master’s degree an added advantage
- Epidemiological experience
- Experience working in a public health emergency (i.e. Ebola, Lassa Fever, Chorea and etc).
- Flexible & willing to work in a remote setting & to travel to other field locations.
- Ability to multitask and work comfortably under pressure
- Experience from working in an (I)NGO is an asset
- Knowledge in Hausa
- Competent and literate in English, verbal and written, with a sound knowledge of technical expressions, any local speaking language will be an advantage
Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of . The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws.
How to apply
The position is for NIGERIAN NATIONALS ONLY.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “the Recruitment Manager”
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
Deadline date. 20/05/2020
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for a written test and oral interview.
- Please note that applications will be reviewed continuously and interviews will be planned as soon as a suitable candidate is identified – so early submission of applications is encouraged. DRC has the right to close the vacancy once a suitable candidate is identified.
NB: DRC-DDG Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.dk