Title: Projects & Services EHS Executive – EMEA | Ref Number: R3567469 | General Electric GE
Location: Rivers, Nigeria
- The Projects & Services EHS Executive serves as the EHS leader for the EMEA Pole. The Gas Power business is transforming its approach to safety, and this leader will drive the safety transformation in the EMEA Pole.
- This position addresses all aspects of work in the Pole, including service activities and projects, reports operationally to the EMEA Pole business leader and manages the Europe, MENA and SSA EHS region teams.
- This position leads EHS compliance; identifies, prevents and resolves potential EHS issues; and mitigates EHS liabilities associated with current and former operations and facilities in the EMEA Pole.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead, support, track and assess EHS for all projects and services activities in the EMEA Pole
- Implement EHS management system including policy, plans, training, risk assessment, inspection, auditing, and even management and analysis in the EMEA Pole
- Implement GE EHS standards and procedures at projects and services sites, including EHS-related processes owned by non-GE personnel such as consultants and contractors working at sites/outages/projects
- Address non-compliance with EHS policy, process or protocol
- Provide analysis of EHS data and timely communication to EMEA Pole leadership on trends and countermeasures
- Establish and enhance EHS programs across the EMEA Pole that support the Gas Power business
- Evaluate EHS conditions, assess risks and develop corrective-action plans and budgets to address deficiencies in comparison to regulations and internal policy/protocol
- Build EHS talent pipeline in the EMEA Pole, including development of front-line EHS leaders’ safety capabilities to match increasing complexity in the Pole
- Manage partnerships and relationships with customers and partners to ensure safe outcomes for New Unit sites
- Drive execution of EHS action plans to meet KPIs and TTIs
- Serve as People Leader to Projects & Services EHS Region leaders and their teams
- Bachelor’s degree in EHS, Engineering, Business or equivalent from an accredited university or college or eight years equivalent experience in EHS
- Significant exposure to the discipline of global EHS leadership
- Demonstrated ability to organize, motivate and lead teams, drive change and interact cross-functionally
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed environment, influence and motivate diverse teams to achieve a unified goal
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and other responsibilities, adjust to changing priorities and make decisions with speed and accuracy based on available information
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization as well as organizations outside GE (customers and regulatory agencies)
- Ability to communicate fluently in English
- Effective influencing and problem-solving abilities
- Strong change agent with focus on executing efficiently in a complex, diverse and dynamic cross-functional global team
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Experience working in a global environment
- Working knowledge of Gensuite EHS Management System
- Working knowledge of Support Central, Yammer, and web-based communications tools
- Knowledge of GE’s EHS programs and policies.
- Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply