Title: Purchase Officer | Reference Number: PO2021031 | Location: Oyo | Type: Full-time | Sayed Farms Limited
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options
- Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services, and supplies
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts
- Ensure that the products and supplies are high quality
- Maintain and update a list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development.
- Conduct periodic market surveys.
- Work closely with the departmental heads to determine purchase needs, quality, and delivery requirements.
- Prepare purchase orders, request Invoices, and compare offers from vendors.
- Follow up with the Finance Department to obtain approval for requests.
- Ensure supplies are delivered in a reasonable time.
- Work with the Store Officer in ensuring all items have re-order levels.
- Put systems in place for requisition before supplies are exhausted.
- Any other duty assigned to the Officer by your supervisor.
- HND / B.Sc in Purchasing and supply or related disciplines from recognized universities or polytechnic
- Minimum of 5 years working experience as a purchase officer preferably in agro-allied sector or poultry industries
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Ability to negotiate, establish relationship with new vendors
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Applicants should reside in or willing to relocate to Ibadan, Oyo State
Application Closing Date
23rd June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application Letters and CV along with a passport photograph to: [email protected]using the Title as the subject of the mail.