Title: Purchase Officer | Solidarities International | Location: Maiduguri, Borno | Type: Contract
Contract Duration:Projected contract duration is 6 Months – with a possible extension.
- Knowledge and monitoring of the market:
- Take part in the analysis of the local purchasing environment
- Update price lists and supplier files.
Implementation of the Purchasing Process:
- Receive and process requests for quotes and IOFs after verification and approval by his/her line manager;
- Implement purchases while respecting the rules and approval procedures established by donors and Solidarités International;
- Ensure that products purchased correspond to the requirements of the purchase officer’s requirements in terms of quantity and quality;
- Ensure that the format of, and information on quotes and invoices comply with regulations;
- Ensure compliance with administrative procedures for the management of advances and payment of suppliers;
- Establish and archive purchasing files in accordance with the rules of Solidarités International and its donors;
- Monitor and update IOFs electronically;
- Ensure that the format and information on quotes and invoices comply with regulations.
- Ensure the compilation of price lists and suppliers;
- Ensure the monitoring of IOF requests and inform purchase officers of the status of their orders.
- Studies: Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree / HND / OND in Logistics, Purchasing or Supply Chain Management;
- Experience: Minimum 2-years’ experience in a similar position with other INGO;
- Languages: English and Local Languages;
- IT: Good Knowledge of MS Office Word, Power-Point, and advanced MS Office Excel knowledge;
- Qualification: Quick learner, Ability to work autonomously, Excellent organizational and negotiation skills, Flexibility to meet deadlines, Hard worker.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
What We Offer
- Salary + food & housing contributions + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by the government, festive bonus, Life insurance – covering death and permanent disability) etc.
Application Closing Date
9th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Select Purchase Officer, fill the form, and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.