Title: Railway Infrastructure Design / Technical Manager, Nigeria | TEAM Group | Location: Niger, Nigeria
TEAM Group is an internationally renowned consultancy Company specialized in engineering, urban planning and architecture. With main offices on three continents, we capitalize on our longstanding experience, expertise and highly qualified international team of dedicated professionals to deliver state-of-the-art services to both private and public clients.
- The position, based in Nigeria, is assigned to a 3-year consultancy project for the construction of a new standard gauge railway line;
- The Railway Infrastructure Design Expert will work within an international team, composed of both expat and local technical staff;
- The team will support the Client (Government body) in the technical Quality Assurance of the Project;
- The team is in charge of the vetting of the design drawings, prepared by the Contractor, entrusted by the Client for the construction of the railway line;
- The activities will cover, among others:
- Vetting / Checking of design drawings, according to international standards (and most suitable technical parameters / solutions applicable to the specific project), prior to the construction phase;
- Technical comments issued, regularly on the basis of the design vetting activities;
- Interactive technical meetings with the Contractor and the Client;
- Periodic visits to the sites of the infrastructure, in coordination with the on-site Work Supervision Team.
- High level of education (Master of Civil / Transport / Railway Engineering Degree);
- Minimum 10 years of experience on similar projects / assignments;
- Excellent English (spoken and written);
- Knowledge of international standards and regulations (BS, Eurocode);
- Previous experience in design / design coordination of railway projects;
- Proactivity, goal orientation and ability to work with tight schedules are required. Problem solving and lateral thinking. Excellent Teamwork, good communication skills and information sharing with colleagues are essential.
- Proficiency in MS Office;
- Proficiency in CAD software.
Additional Knowledge, Experiences:
- Knowledge and experience in software and management procedures.
- Knowledge of “Code for Design of Railway Line” of the People’s Republic of China is a preferential factor;
Application Clossing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply