Title: Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Superintendent | International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) | Ref: IITA-HR-NRS2021-006
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Coordinate daily refrigeration and air-conditioning activities (for Central Air-conditioning systems, Cold stores, window and split units, freezers and fridges, dehumidifiers etc.);
- Organize work schedule for all refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment;
- Allocate subordinates for servicing, maintenance, installations, and replacement of R&A equipment’s;
- Supervise subordinate to ensure jobs are carried out effectively;
- Provide daily information on completed works, work in progress and pending jobs;
- Schedule preventive maintenance for refrigerating unit;
- Inspect completed works for conformance with specification, requirement and compliance with applicable safety rules and regulations;
- Read and interprete blueprints, pipping, sketches, schematics and writing diagrams;
- Monitor stock level for key emergency spares applicable to areas of responsibilities;
- Keep records of activities as related to servicing, maintenance, installations, and replacements of R&A equipment’s;
- Assist in sourcing, update and upgrade of R&A working tools;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- BSc/HND in Mechanical Engineering or related fields with minimum of five (5) years’ experience performing similar or related roles.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Ability to diagnose and rectify fault.
- Ability to work on different kind of mechanical refrigerating equipment.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
1st March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shouldapply to the Head of Human Resources, by submitting a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (including the selected crop he/she is applying for), names and addresses of three referees.
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
- Only selected candidates will be contacted and then asked to submit a financial offer to be negotiated with IITA.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women candidates.