Job Title: Regional Finance Manager Location: Benin City, Nigeria (local candidates only) | Full Time | PIC Group, Benin, Edo State
Gas turbine equipped power generation plant
The Regional Finance Manager is a member of the African corporate management’s team reporting to and implementing directives of the Regional Director O&M (African Region). The Regional Finance Manager is responsible for financial management that include daily, weekly and monthly reporting. In charge of the General Accounting and Financial records of the all plants in the African region.
The Plant Regional Finance Manager fosters a team spirit by working in harmony with employees in the plant. The Regional Finance Manager is dedicated to the O&M conduct of training program specified by the organization. Training types will include initial, qualification and recurring training. Training categories will include team communications, safety, environmental, technical, equipment, business and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS). The position will be required to attend scheduled training prescribed by their supervisor or as determined by the needs of the company.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing all plants accounts in the African region.
- Maintain the general ledger and cost accounting data files.
- Recommends implements and maintains compliance in reporting.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reports for region & corporate office.
- Responsible for reviewing monthly closing documents and reports.
- Analyze month end operating results and review with the African plants management.
- Review and approve reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Responsible for overseeing fixed assets.
- Prepare weekly and monthly financial forecasts; report to leadership team.
- Supervise and provide direction to the Accounts team in the headquarters.
- Ensure adequate controls and custody of cash receipts and payments at the plant
- Prepare all plants annual operating budget in collaboration with the leadership team.
- Develop product cost standards and burden rates for costing of inventory and goods sold.
- Perform cost/benefit analysis and prepare capital expenditure request forms.
- Prepare monthly job pricing schedule and update ERP system.
- Ensures that all relevant documentation related to payment of invoices is accurate and attached before posting is made.
- Ensure all invoices are correctly coded both nominal and VAT, authorized and paid before posting into the accounting software.
- Reconciling of all general ledger accounts with the help of the auditors.
- Collates and Co-ordinates the accounts and finances of the divisions and ensures compliance with the company’s accounting policies and budgets.
- Oversees all finance and accounting books and records including invoices, receipts, Delivery Notes, cash payments and receipts books, purchase books, purchase order forms and payment vouchers and orders and bank reconciliation books.
- Co-ordinates with the accounts officers in all plants to ensure the smooth flow of documentation and timely contractual payments (rebates, commissions);
- Liaises with the Corporate for the resolution of payroll problems pertaining to staff, allowances, salary adjustments, and deductions.
- Coordinates vendor verification procedure for all plants within the African region.
- In charge of all plants in Africa’s procurement activities.
- Alert plant management within the region on expenditure exceeding allocated budgets.
- Perform variance analysis on projects and proposals.
- Assess and advice on estimates for key projects for funding
- Ensure update financial information including Quarterly results, Annual reports, Tax fillings and remittances and Audit reports.
- Schedules and maintains staff and equipment audit records on a weekly basis.
- Establishes, organizes, and maintains files for all partners and ensuring that all files are accurate, current, and complete.
The Regional Finance Manager reports to the Regional Director (O&M Africa Region) in harmony with corporate office. The Regional Finance Manager has a dotted line reporting requirement to the PIC Corporate Vice President of Finance.
Successful candidate may be required to work extended hours including weekends and holiday, as necessary.
This position will require a background check and a pre-employment drug screening.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting.
- 7 years prior experience in manufacturing accounting, plant experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) proficient.
- Experience with accounting software for Corporate Reporting.
- Strong interpersonal skills working with all levels of management.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills and a proficiency with Microsoft suite of program including Word,
- Excel, Project, Visio, SharePoint and PowerPoint;
- Experience using databases creating and managing records to create reports;
- Valid Passport with the ability to travel international.
We are proud to offer competitive wages and benefits. Prior to beginning work, all applicants must be willing to submit to a drug and alcohol screen as well as a background check, inclusive of criminal. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply