Title: Renewable Energy Project Manager | Management FIRST
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Contract Type: Permanent
Management FIRST is an Educational and business consultancy firm.
- The Renewable Energy Project Manager is responsible for establishing the schedule and budget of commercial and utility-scale renewable construction projects, and ensures that milestones and deliverables are met throughout the life of the project
- The Manager could handle multiple projects simultaneously at various stages of development and construction.
- Support business development for distributed and utility scale projects in the energy sector.
- Prepare bid packages and procure materials and services as needed
- Provide assistance with project development including site evaluations, permitting estimating, general project due diligence, etc.
- Manage or assist in permitting and regulatory compliance of PV projects
- Responsible for the construction administration of secured projects.
- Interface with and manage product / equipment vendors and project material procurement
- Coordinate and manage subcontractors. Closely collaborate with construction-site supervisors to provide timely and best-practice solutions to field challenges.
- Travel to project sites to compare progress to schedule, compare actual versus estimated cost, check compliance with plans and specifications, review any problems, and verify the quality of work being performed meets contract specifications and guidelines
- Serve as point-of-contact for customers/clients during each project.
- Provide progress reports and other status updates to client and management as required.
- Perform research and analysis on renewable energy technology, best practices, trends, and design
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field preferred
- 2+ years solar project management experience including projects of at least 100 kW+
- 5+ years previous experience in project management and/or construction operations
- Experience and understanding of Distributed Generation Solar projects
- PV Installation professional certification preferred
- Solid understanding of project management process
- Proficient in project management software e.g. MS Project / Primavera
- Exposure to Homer software preferred
- Able to read and understand blueprints and drawings
- Able to budget, schedule, negotiate and control costs
- High degree of familiarity with contract and subcontract documents, terms and conditions
- Electrical knowledge and experience preferred
- Ability to problem solve both personnel issues and project issues
- Good record keeping and organizational skills
- Ability to travel locally, depending on project location.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: [email protected] using the Title as the subject of the mail.
- Management FIRST would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
- Management FIRST is an equal opportunity employer.