Job Title: Reporter, Journalist & Writer | Job Location: Abuja | TNT Nigeria – The News Triangle
Employment Type: Full-time
TNT Nigeria – The News Triangle – We are an Online News Platform, that provide main stream Information from Nigeria and around the Globe. Stay tuned as we bring you the Best in News, Business, Politics, Happenings, Trending, Latest events, Controversial stories, unedited, Quality & unscripted News from around the Globe.
- News Reporters collect and analyze information of interest, including crime, government and breaking news, and broadcast it to the public through newspapers, television, radio and the Internet. They gather information, write coverage, conduct interviews, report on-air and edit broadcasts. News Reporters often cover specific beats, such as education, and may work independently or with a team of other reporters, typically under the direction of an editor or producer.
- The news media industry is in a period of transition, and jobs for News Reporters are declining. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a decline of 9 percent in employment of Reporters, Correspondents and Broadcast News Analysts from 2014 to 2024.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To accomplish their primary goal of broadcasting current and accurate information to consumers, News Reporters perform many tasks. We analyzed several job listings to identify these core News Reporter duties and responsibilities.
Gather and Write News:
- News Reporters collect information on assigned topics to report accurate and timely news. They talk to sources, follow-up on leads, and do research to be as well informed as possible. They fact-check their findings, then write them up in an article for printing or a script to be read on-air.
- In broadcasting, News Reporters are filmed or recorded presenting the news. They may be recorded in a studio or in the field, depending on the story. They usually read off of a script, but also must be knowledgeable about the topic that they are reporting on.
- A key component of a News Reporter’s job is to conduct interviews. These may be broadcast live, or pre-recorded and edited. The News Reporter must have done research in advance and be prepared to to ask pointed and interesting question of the interview subject.
- News Reporters are tasked with generating new and interesting news stories to cover. They must always be looking for unique, relevant and urgent topics to bring to the public, and investigating interesting new angles of stories that have already been covered.
Based on job listings we looked at, We want News Reporters with these core skills:
- Strong writing skills, and ability to convey information in a clear, concise and conversational manner
- Excellent live reporting skills and strong on-camera presentation skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
- Ability to interact professionally and build relationships and sources
- Ability to shoot and edit digital video
- Strong research skills, including the ability to navigate online search engines
- Excellent understanding of Associated Press style
Advanced skills:This can also be an added advantage to help your application.
- Anchoring Experience
- Social Media experience
- Multimedia experience
NGN50,000 – 150,000 / Month.
Application Closing Date
20th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send us a Mail at: [email protected] email should contain your C.V, Location and Full Information about you.